Gavin And Stacey

Must be a very successful disaster given it smashed the ratings and got near 4 million more viewers than its nearest rival (which BTW was The Queen and had the massive advantage of being broadcast simultaniously on 3 channels).

The producers must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Why not just put "I personally didn't like it" instead.  Its much more realistic. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

I thought it was great television and the best thing I've seen this Christmas.

Didn’t watch it first time round, can’t  see the point of watching the follow up. I know it was well received but it’s not for me. Looking forward to A Christmas Carol.

Was never keen on the old ones but since then Corden has become too loathsome to watch so gave it a wide berth, it did have some pretty good viewing figures though.

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Didn’t watch it first time round, can’t  see the point of watching the follow up. I know it was well received but it’s not for me. Looking forward to A Christmas Carol.

I also didn’t watch the old ones so watched the new one in anticipation, but was disappointed. I don’t understand that type of humour. I would much rather watch the American series “ Friends” which I think is much funnier.

3 minutes ago, _lecro_ said:

Best bit of comedy ive seen this christmas. A welcome change from all the american trash !

"Best bit of comedy ive seen this christmas." 

That's not really saying much is it?  Comedy over Christmas has been dire. 

Put on the tv's programme guide on Christmas day night around 10pm & 3 different stations were showing programmes featuring the "Two Ronnie's." 

As for Gavin & Stacey?  It's as overrated as Fleabag. 

12 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Must be a very successful disaster given it smashed the ratings and got near 4 million more viewers than its nearest rival (which BTW was The Queen and had the massive advantage of being broadcast simultaniously on 3 channels).

The producers must be laughing all the way to the bank. 

Why not just put "I personally didn't like it" instead.  Its much more realistic. 

Because of the hype, even been on  the evening news ect, no wonder the viewing figures were high, that doesn't make it good. I bet loads who tuned in to watch were dissapointed.  By the way I thought first time around was brilliant.  To me the over hype caused dissapointment.  I agree with several other posters, overrated and crap acting. :roll:

14 hours ago, Halibut said:

I thought it was great television and the best thing I've seen this Christmas.

Not exactly a lot choose from. :roll:

4 hours ago, Vintagetin82 said:

Overated and amateur acting.

Overated and I believe they act daft like that on purpose. Sorry. I just don’t “ get it” . Makes me realise how good Porridge, Steptoe and Son and Dads Army were. 

Not my cuppa tea either. Saying that there isn't much on at all. That's why I'm on here now. All these channels and several channels have the same programme on at the same time. The sooner the BBC stops holding us to ransom by having to pay the license fee the better