TThe ref only lives 8mls from the ground   seems stange

UTB

I live 500 yards from my nearest Coop but I don't shop there

United slipping worryingly down the league if they lose today

Only 11 points above the relegation places

2 hours ago, rogets said:

Pre-season - if you offered me, (or probably most Blades - though I'm not speaking for anyone else) - I'd have taken 11 pts above relegation zone at NY.

I'm very happy with the position at the moment, but I won't be saying we're safe until mathematically impossible. And this season, anyone is beating anyone (outside LFC). Anyone could slip into the drop zone.

As long as we play well, I'm happy. If you play well and lose, then nothing can do about it.

Edited by *_ash_*

Fantastic performance and bizarrely enough on another day we could have easily won that game. 

4 hours ago, MJ01 said:

I live 500 yards from my nearest Coop but I don't shop there

You sound like an Owls fan posting on a Blades post

The thing about VAR (for me) seems to be that the actual image they use to judge things on is a really grainy, low quality!,  shame for Mousset, could have been a different game, and a ref living within a few miles of the ground was never going to admit to obstruction.

Second goal from City though, very classy indeed. 

Shame Billy hit the wood work in the final minutes.

I guess this shows how far we have come, to be disappointed at losing to Man City (away!). 

21 hours ago, rogets said:

Worryingly down the League ? We're 8th. Comfortably. What are you talking about ?

7 hours ago, Grappler said:

The thing about VAR (for me) seems to be that the actual image they use to judge things on is a really grainy, low quality!,  shame for Mousset, could have been a different game, and a ref living within a few miles of the ground was never going to admit to obstruction.

Second goal from City though, very classy indeed. 

Shame Billy hit the wood work in the final minutes.

I guess this shows how far we have come, to be disappointed at losing to Man City (away!). 

Sorry graps but I don't remember seeing any ref stopping play when the balls hit them so not sure what fans expect the ref to do in that situation, I could be wrong though. Mousett looked offside anyway even without VAR so can't complain on that. Their second goal had city written all over it though, it was never going to be easy even with them not being as good this season

5 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Sorry graps but I don't remember seeing any ref stopping play when the balls hit them so not sure what fans expect the ref to do in that situation, I could be wrong though. Mousett looked offside anyway even without VAR so can't complain on that. Their second goal had city written all over it though, it was never going to be easy even with them not being as good this season

If the ball hits the ref and it changes possession etc they should give a dropped ball.

Thats not what happened yesterday tho, the ref obstructed a player.

6 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

If the ball hits the ref and it changes possession etc they should give a dropped ball.

Thats not what happened yesterday tho, the ref obstructed a player.

It happens though, I've never seen a ref stop play when they get in the way of a player, wether there are rules that say he should of I don't know