Tickly Cough / Being In The Car (Odd Question)

There is a quite new condition, still poorly researched, where sufferers react almost immediately and often quite violently to allergens, etc, its called Mast Cell Activiation Syndrome, the reaction to peanuts a number have is a severe example.

1 hour ago, gamezone07 said:

There is a quite new condition, still poorly researched, where sufferers react almost immediately and often quite violently to allergens, etc, its called Mast Cell Activiation Syndrome, the reaction to peanuts a number have is a severe example.

I only had 1 of the 5 primary symptoms* according to wiki

(respiratory problems)

Which I'm pretty glad about now, as that sounds terrible!

--

* (unless you include neurological problems that @tinfoilhat suggested - edit2 - actually you said psychological)

Edited by *_ash_*

On 26/12/2019 at 20:04, Waldo said:

If it’s down to the screen heater, you could try some cat-litter (sílica gel type is more absorbing I think). Put some in an old pair of tights, then place along dash close to windscreen.

It will dry air, but may reduce how much you need to use your screen heater. So if the issue is particles coming through heating system, it may help.

May or may not be worth trying, but thought I’d suggest it just in case. Hope you find some solution though and can return to work without it adversity affecting your health.

would certainly not advocate the breathing in of any silica dust , it is a carcinogen .

Many years ago when working in a place where  lots of large packets of it were used a large percentage of the workers had coughs and mild flu symptoms, it wasn't until the workers downded tools until it was removed that things gradually improved.

14 hours ago, Thorpist said:

would certainly not advocate the breathing in of any silica dust , it is a carcinogen .

Many years ago when working in a place where  lots of large packets of it were used a large percentage of the workers had coughs and mild flu symptoms, it wasn't until the workers downded tools until it was removed that things gradually improved.

Thanks for the heads-up Thorpist.

Is it all Silica Gel do you think?

The cat litter version, I would have thought was safe, as it’s meant to be used in people’s homes etc.

Still, having it on the dash, near blowers, doesn’t sound like a great combo...

Wood-chip cat litter an alternative, for anyone with misted up windscreen issues..

On 27/12/2019 at 18:15, *_ash_* said:

Well changed the pollen filter (which didn't look bad), and driven 7 hours today no coughing.

Goodness knows what in it, but that was most unpleasant cough I can ever recall.

:)

:thumbsup: