Chris Wilder Calls Out The Racists.

Good to see a local manager saying he would have no problem if his players walked off the  field if racist chants reared there ugly head . We in Sheffield have been mostly clear of such behaviour with only one instance recorded when the Blades played Bradford City back in 2015 and the FA investigated   , The Owls have had a couple of instances recorded against them at away matches but none at Hillsbro so we can be grate full for that , The latest incidents at Spurs is a big surprise as that club as had its share of racist comments directed at them by idiots who spoil the game for all . Keep up the good work seems to be the message at our Sheffield clubs , as Chris has pointed out.

Chris as hit the lunch time news , good un .

4 hours ago, TomMix said:

Good to see a local manager saying he would have no problem if his players walked off the  field if racist chants reared there ugly head . We in Sheffield have been mostly clear of such behaviour with only one instance recorded when the Blades played Bradford City back in 2015 and the FA investigated   , The Owls have had a couple of instances recorded against them at away matches but none at Hillsbro so we can be grate full for that , The latest incidents at Spurs is a big surprise as that club as had its share of racist comments directed at them by idiots who spoil the game for all . Keep up the good work seems to be the message at our Sheffield clubs , as Chris has pointed out.

FA investigated and issued a five match ban against Sophie Jones , subsequently  let go by Sheffield united for making monkey noises at a Tottenham opposition player during a match, early this year (2019) 

That one got under the radar , not seen much publicity about that .

It was all over the news, national and local. The player denied it but the authorities went with the accuser and hey presto. To be fair why would the Spurs player make it up  ? That said  it seems to be de rigueur these days to shout "racist" and evidence or not you're bang to rights, just ask Jeremy Corbyn

Edited by Ridgewalk

23 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

It was all over the news, national and local. The player denied it but the authorities went with the accuser and hey presto. To be fair why would the Spurs player make it up  ? That said  it seems to be de rigueur these days to shout "racist" and evidence or not you're bang to rights, just ask Jeremy Corbyn

Or in fairness Forestieri as he got done by FA despite a judge stating lack of evidence. 

On 25/12/2019 at 10:02, Ridgewalk said:

Many of my family were at that game and saw or heard no evidence of such behaviour.  Frankly, if it was based on that game, I think Sheffield United were too quick to judge, unless they knew more than we did.  If I remember correctly, even the accuser's team mates didn't back up her account.  

There is no room for racism in football or anywhere else, for that matter but I find it hard to believe that any young woman, or man, representing a professional team would be making monkey noises.  They know what they have to lose, and surely would appreciate what black footballers have brought to their club and to the game.

5 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Many of my family were at that game and saw or heard no evidence of such behaviour.  Frankly, if it was based on that game, I think Sheffield United were too quick to judge, unless they knew more than we did.  If I remember correctly, even the accuser's team mates didn't back up her account.  

There is no room for racism in football or anywhere else, for that matter but I find it hard to believe that any young woman, or man, representing a professional team would be making monkey noises.  They know what they have to lose, and surely would appreciate what black footballers have brought to their club and to the game.

And you really think that's sufficient reason to believe it didn't happen?

21 hours ago, Halibut said:

And you really think that's sufficient reason to believe it didn't happen?

I think it's sufficient enough to cast doubt, and more so, if examined with other evidence presented in this case, or lack of it.  Over 10 members of my family were there and between them, there's not much they miss.  I don't know whether you've been to a SUFC women's match, but they are not like the men's games.  You can actually hear the players utterances.