Accessing Content In Different Countries

Hi all! 

I'm about to leave the UK for quite some time, and I was wondering, whether my subscriptions will allow me to access the content, exclusive to the UK? 

I'm talking about BBC and Netflix mainly, as I know that the first one is impossible to reach outside of the country and Netflix has different content for each state. 

I heard that VPNs are not a hundred percent chance and been redirected to proxyway.com - as it says that proxies (residential ones) are better when dealing with this. Anyhow, does anyone have some experience and would be willing to share? 

Thanks!

Edited by nikki-red

I'm not technical but we couldn't access some things when we were in Bulgaria.  We were only on holiday but we still run our business so log on daily. I think I tried to watch a TV programme on line but couldn't due to country we were in. 

We've tried to log into & play programmes from the BBC i-player via the usual app, in Spain & Malta when on holiday onto a tablet but without success. 

Although this could be how we're set up. 

How do you do it? Should one use a VPN server, DNS codes or are there other alternatives? Which particular service do you use and can you recommend it?

Use a decent VPN.

organisations, e.g BBC, cotton on to the regular IP addresses used by VPNs and then block them.

Decent ones will have server options specifically for different services from each country which the service has not blocked.

E.g. there will be a British server that will be ‘optimised’ for streaming BBC - I.e. has not yet been blocked by BBC. Once it becomes blocked, they will just set up another.

I use CyberGhost and can usually connect to anything I want to from anywhere.

I dont watch films while i am out of the country but, what i do listen to is BBC radio sheffield, i dont have any difficulty is receiving radio sheffield no matter were in the world i travel. witch includes s.e.a vietnam/cambodia etc.

We have an apartment in France and watch UK TV .

I don’t use a VPN.

I have a Firestick side loaded with goodness knows what but the difficulty is watching the BBC channels which are often  blocked but not all the time. No probs with Ch4/ITV etc

I now have a subscription to British TV Club/ Watch British TV on line, The cheapskate ‘Bronze’ option is only £15/year - it’s not very high definition all the time but sometimes it is. The ‘Gold’  higher definition option is £45/year.

I receive the UK channels on my phone or iPad and ‘send’ it via a second hand Cash Converters Apple TV Gizmo (c£40) to my 32” Panasonic and it’s fine. What I can’t do is access I player etc and I don’t have a recording device.

But......it's only £15 pa

pm me if you want any further info (I’m not too ‘techy’) !

Live in France - we use NordVPN which works about 75% of the time on iPlayer and accessing bbc.co.uk.

We get Netflix as part of our satellite TV package which gets BBC, ITV,  C4, Sky and just about all the major non-subscription channels.

On 02/01/2020 at 09:16, kidley said:

I dont watch films while i am out of the country but, what i do listen to is BBC radio sheffield, i dont have any difficulty is receiving radio sheffield no matter were in the world i travel. witch includes s.e.a vietnam/cambodia etc.

I just tried bbc radio sheffield online, no vpn, normal firefox browser and it works just fine.... im in australia btw.

bbc tv online or bbc iplayer is a definite no though.

Edited by stimpy

On 01/01/2020 at 22:16, kidley said:

That is probably because you can listen to BBC radio without having a TV license.

12 hours ago, stimpy said:

I just tried bbc radio sheffield online, no vpn, normal firefox browser and it works just fine.... im in australia btw.

bbc tv online or bbc iplayer is a definite no though.

As above, radio and TV are very different when it comes to geographical blocks. A good VPN gets you round the TV blocks most of the time. If it's just radio you want, keep your cash in your pocket.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

That is probably because you can listen to BBC radio without having a TV license.

there are cafe/restaurants/bars  all over the world including s.e.a that show BBC stations sky sports and any number of tv stations without a licence. you can get them. they dont have to have a licence out there.