If You Could Live Your Life Again,what Would You Change ?

We all have regrets but if you could turn the clock back would you change anything ? 

Mine would be to do with my profession. I worked in an office until I was 21 years of age and was so bored, so I applied to be a student nurse.

This was so satisfying and interesting that if I could turn the clock back I would have applied at 18 years of age. To me the time before that was just wasted. 

So what would you change .?  A profession ? A relationship ? Maybe another time zone ? 

I became a student nurse at 18 and left after 26 years as trained nurses started to become managers rather than care givers. If I could turn back time I’d be a politician to try and prevent this

42 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I'd have more sex.

Wouldn’t we all !

6 hours ago, catmiss said:

I became a student nurse at 18 and left after 26 years as trained nurses started to become managers rather than care givers. If I could turn back time I’d be a politician to try and prevent this

Yes , there are also too many pen pushers in the NHS rather than much needed hands on !

8 hours ago, Halibut said:

I'd have more sex.

Classic.

First laugh I've had all day.

Ta!

10 hours ago, Halibut said:

I'd have more sex.

I'd have roughly the same amount, but include others in it more often.😃

39 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

I'd have roughly the same amount, but include others in it more often.😃

I once had a peeping Tom looking through my window but he threw up at the sight of me !

In terms of "career" - I don't have any regrets as such.  I've had a rich and varied career in many different industries and I've done a wide range of jobs from things very junior to very senior.  Most of all I've met some fantastic people along the way and been to some fantastic places as well.  I can look back and think..."maybe I'd have gone further and faster if I'd done this or that", but then again I'd have missed out on some very rich life experiences along the way perhaps.  I've been lucky in many ways, but I also think that it's about how you view and approach life.  I'm outgoing, I like change and I don't mind taking risks.  That's not for everyone I appreciate, but for me it's essential.  I easily get bored of doing the same things the same way.  I won't even drive into town and back the same way.  I love variety.  

In terms of "relationships" I'd say it's a bit of a mixed bag.  There are some relationships that I was in where I should have exited much sooner.  There are other relationships I was in where I should have cherished them more and treated them with greater respect. I put that down to immaturity, although it was fun at the time!   If it's true that all your life experiences flash before you just before you die, there are some relationships that I'd put on "fast-forward" and others I'd watch frame by frame, in slow motion! 😃  I was always reluctant to commit to a relationship, until I met my other half.  Even then I was a bit reluctant!  But after 7 years of dating her she finally persuaded me that I was getting fatter and balder and needed to get married sharpish!  So I did.  22 years later I'm still glad I did!  

Not sure what is meant by "change another time zone"?  I have lived and worked in different time zones and really enjoyed experiencing differences in culture amongst different people.  It's fascinating.  Not least, to learn how other cultures see us.  If the question is about living in a different era then that's really difficult, but I'd probably choose the late 20's or 30's when people seemed to dress smartly, act courteously towards each other and things seemed to be on the up.  

I suppose my biggest regret really is when I've hurt someone's feelings.  It's mostly been unintentional, but I can be a bit insensitive to others at times and I also don't suffer fools gladly.  There have definitely been times when I've let folks have it with both barrels - and I've usually regretted that.  It may have made me feel better at the time, but afterwards I've felt bad about it for ages.  And people never forget.  They might forgive, but they never forget. 

I was at an ex-colleague's funeral a few weeks ago and I bumped into a guy that used to be my boss, 20 years ago.  Now, you'll have to take my word for it, but this guy was a bit of a tosser.  One day he called me out, in front of colleagues, for a bit of criticism.  In fact, it wasn't one thing, it was several things.  We were in a meeting at the time and at the end of the meeting, after he'd gone, my colleagues asked me why he seemed to have such a problem with me?  That was it!  That's what I was feeling as well, but the fact they'd all noticed it just lit my fire.  I went to find him in his office, walked in, and asked him what his problem was?  I then proceeded to give him the biggest bollocking he's ever had in his life.  He literally went white with fear, because boy, I was angry.  No swearing, no threats, but as these words were tumbling out of my mouth I could tell he was bricking it and at the same time, a little voice in my head was saying, "Shut up!  You'll ruin your career!".   But I didn't care.  Anyhow, back to the funeral the other week and the first thing I did when I saw him was to go over, smile, shake his hand and ask him how he was doing?  And his response was friendly, but the next thing he said to all around us was, "I remember being in a meeting with him some years ago and I must have said something that upset him, because he burst into my office afterwards and gave me the biggest bollocking I've ever had".  He was making a joke of it, but obviously it was still fresh in his mind after all those years.  I laughed about it too and I reassured him that I have mellowed a lot in later years and if that same thing happened again now, I'd knock next time! 😃 

43 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I once had a peeping Tom looking through my window but he threw up at the sight of me !

I cannot believe that Patricia, not if your avatar is anything to go by!  I sometimes wonder if people look like their avatars, or what makes them choose them?  I can reassure everyone I don't look like a ram, although I used to aspire to be one.  This is the crest of Derbyshire of course, from whence I came.  I live in South Yorkshire now - but I'm just here doing missionary work. 😃

I would still remember what my old ma used to say , "If some one else blows thi trumpet it can be heard in many more places ".

14 hours ago, Halibut said:

I'd have more sex.

Not an original notion.

4 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I cannot believe that Patricia, not if your avatar is anything to go by!  I sometimes wonder if people look like their avatars, or what makes them choose them?  I can reassure everyone I don't look like a ram, although I used to aspire to be one.  This is the crest of Derbyshire of course, from whence I came.  I live in South Yorkshire now - but I'm just here doing missionary work. 😃

No that’s not me in my avatar. I would never flaunt myself like that. In fact Im as pure as the driven slush, but like Snow White I drifted !