Jump to content

Dont Call Jesus 'Our Lord'

Recommended Posts

What are your views on this?

 

https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/Parents-outrage-as-school-tells-children-not-to-sing-Lord-in-Christmas-carol-classic

 

The words to some Christmas carols changed to be more inclusive to other faiths.

Personally I feel if someone does not like Christmas carols then the answer is a simple one, dont sing them, dont go to the nativity play and so something else instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, BobOfRoth said:

What are your views on this?

 

https://www.premier.org.uk/News/UK/Parents-outrage-as-school-tells-children-not-to-sing-Lord-in-Christmas-carol-classic

 

The words to some Christmas carols changed to be more inclusive to other faiths.

Personally I feel if someone does not like Christmas carols then the answer is a simple one, dont sing them, dont go to the nativity play and so something else instead.

🙄🙄🙄

I agree with you the answer is simple don't sing them, why do some people feel that they have to change things. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iansheff said:

 

🙄🙄🙄

I agree with you the answer is simple don't sing them, why do some people feel that they have to change things. 

 

Why do some people think you can't change things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, as it continues to emerge that more of our 'Lords' and  'Sirs' are child sexual abusers, liars, rapists, killers, and generally of a ill repute, then, perhaps God might prefer that we don't bestow such maligned titles on his son.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@makapakaAs I read that article, the headmistress believes it 'excludes' children of other faiths from celebrating a Christian occasion.

Put simply, she is wrong - if parents of children of other (or non) faiths wish to remove their children from the concert/service or whatever you want to call it, that is entirely up to them, but the UK is still, nominally at least a Christian country.

By the way, I am an atheist, but still believe that those who wish to celebrate what for them is an important festival should be allowed to without al this 'inclusivist' nonsense.

Just now, Lex Luthor said:

Actually, as it continues to emerge that more of our 'Lords' and  'Sirs' are child sexual abusers, liars, rapists, killers, and generally of a ill repute, then, perhaps God might prefer that we don't bestow such maligned titles on his son.   

WHAT are you on about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christmas is a Christian celebration.

Those of other faiths may learn more about the Christian faith by studying and maybe singing Christmas Carols but the words shouldn't be changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@makapaka

WHAT are you on about?

I thought it was straightforward enough to understand.  Please show courtesy to other posters by remaining polite, even if you are going to take issue with everything they write.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Why do some people think you can't change things?

Why do some people think we HAVE to change things. It is what it is, if someones snowflakey little heart can't deal with it, then why not make something of their own, who knows it could snowball in to something massive... it's more liable to flop though when people realise stories like this are forced down our throats despite the vast majority of people not really caring at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

I thought it was straightforward enough to understand.  Please show courtesy to other posters by remaining polite, even if you are going to take issue with everything they write.

That was aimed at you, @Lex Luthor, not makapaka, and apart from the all-caps bit which was caused by shock, was a simple question. Tell me where I was not polite in my reply to @makapaka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tomm06 said:

Why do some people think we HAVE to change things. It is what it is, if someones snowflakey little heart can't deal with it, then why not make something of their own, who knows it could snowball in to something massive... it's more liable to flop though when people realise stories like this are forced down our throats despite the vast majority of people not really caring at all. 

It says it in the first paragraph;

 

Parents of children at a primary school in Essex are appalled after the head teacher ruled that children should sing ‘baby boy Jesus’ rather than ‘little Lord Jesus’ in the Christmas carol, Away in a Manger - so that pupils of all beliefs can join in.

 

So the little kids don't have to sing Lord Jesus if they don't consider him to be their Lord but still get to join in the song with the other little kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It says it in the first paragraph;

 

Parents of children at a primary school in Essex are appalled after the head teacher ruled that children should sing ‘baby boy Jesus’ rather than ‘little Lord Jesus’ in the Christmas carol, Away in a Manger - so that pupils of all beliefs can join in.

 

So the little kids don't have to sing Lord Jesus if they don't consider him to be their Lord but still get to join in the song with the other little kids.

Better drop the third verse altogether then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.