Sheffield Wednesday V Bristol City

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Looked decent at times, but petered out again.

We're not very convincing for a team in 3rd place. Good to see Bòrner. He shouldn't have lost his place.

We started the game in seventh place, with Bristol one place and one point below us. We also started without our main goalscorer or without our best defensive midfielder. Apart from the early scare and one other chance they had cleared off the line Bristol didn't really threaten us. Unfortunately our own losses meant the line-up wasn't as effective as it could have been. Regardless we still played well enough to limit one of the better teams in the division to three shots in almost 100 minutes of play and with a bit of luck we came away with three points. That's the kind of result that teams at the top of the table get all the time. Not every game is pretty to watch or a classic.

Not a great game,Bristol set up for a point and to hit us on the counter and hope for a lucky break,we created a handfull of decent chances,Rhodes never got a sniff,we werent helped by one of our better crossers into the box,Fox leaving the game early and having to re organise the backline  including both fullbacks.

Bristol rarely threatend and just frustrated us,but did almost take the lead when a cross was headed over Dawson and seemingly into the net,but for Palmer standing on the line behind him,wed have gone behind and Bristol would have shut up completely.

As it was the game was decided by a soft penalty,for a shoulder barge on Nuhiu,Bannan rolling home the spot kick,the award counters the one we got done on at Derby 3 games back,when Banjo did more or less the same thing,wonder if todays ref saw that game and even upped the score?

Best side won the game,a scruffy win,but merited.

6 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Looked decent at times, but petered out again.

We're not very convincing for a team in 3rd place. Good to see Bòrner. He shouldn't have lost his place.

Give credit where its due Hots, grinded out another win.. 3rd place I'm more than happy with that..

Hots, you and your family have a great Xmas and new year, and all the other posters on the football section, thanks guys.

Hi Funks and Padders. I did say we were 'decent' at times, decent meaning quite impressive so I was praising them a bit. Bristol ARE a good side and we were easily the better team, but we deflated quite a bit at times as well, and that always concerns me. It got a bit squeaky at times, but I suppose all games have similar phases.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Padders, and you Funks, and every other fan on here. Have a great time and roll on Boxing Day footy. 4-0 will do me!

I,ve see us play a lot better and come away with nothing so i think we,ll take the three points , even if it was a soft penalty that decided it. Be nice to see some teams dropping out of the race but as we say anyone can beat anyone on the day in this league, although i would expect us to come away with all three points  from Stoke.  So whether you  support red or blue may it be a Merry Christmas to you all and your families.

36 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

I,ve see us play a lot better and come away with nothing so i think we,ll take the three points , even if it was a soft penalty that decided it. Be nice to see some teams dropping out of the race but as we say anyone can beat anyone on the day in this league, although i would expect us to come away with all three points  from Stoke.  So whether you  support red or blue may it be a Merry Christmas to you all and your families.

We played much better against Cardiff and Leeds and only came away with draws.

Merry Christmas to you and all the other posters whatever your team preference.

Can they appeal the yellow card Luongo was given, he never touched the Bristol player.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Can they appeal the yellow card Luongo was given, he never touched the Bristol player.

I don't think so. I only got a quick glimpse, but wasn't he on both knees at the time? Merry Christmas!

10 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

I don't think so. I only got a quick glimpse, but wasn't he on both knees at the time? Merry Christmas!

Yes he was on his knees and even on Sky Sports it says was a blatant dive.

3 hours ago, iansheff said:

Can only appeal red cards as far as I know. The pen makes up the points lost from the dodgy pen we conceded against derby, don't think either team would of scored without it. 3 points is all that matters though regardless of how we play