Strikes On Public Transport To Be Made Illegal

1 minute ago, Lex Luthor said:

Interesting summary by the judge.  Pity that the judge in the Duckenfield trial chose to ignore that he had a 'duty of care' also.  At the very least he was also criminally negligent then?

Not really relevent to this thread, IMHO

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Not really relevent to this thread, IMHO

It's my observation, after reading from  the link you posted on this thread.

13 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

It's my observation, after reading from  the link you posted on this thread.

Not my link - but I'll give that it has been posted.

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Not my link - but I'll give that it has been posted.

Apologies for that.  It was indeed alchresearch's post -and you're right, it was off topic but I felt it was relevant to the judgement being referred to.

Edited by Lex Luthor

On 16/12/2019 at 10:57, El Cid said:

Boris Johnson has claimed that all-out strikes on public transport will be made illegal under a new Conservative administration following major disruption on UK train routes.

“I do think it’s absurd that critical transport mass-transit systems should be capable of being put out of actions by strikes, and other countries around the world have minimum service requirements for public transport – and that’s what I want to see,” said Johnson in front of an audience of textile workers near Matlock in Derbyshire.

We have elected an out of touch, right wing Prime Minister.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/05/boris-johnson-says-sorry-for-any-offence-caused-by-burqa-article?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR0otRaipme-xUkcmsCmpmah8vLPOPrt2wJ02FLoMUvnxKbwpjMLMLnb1n0

Its about time we cracked down on militant unions who try to cause disruption and chaos . 

There is going to be disruption and chaos were I live today and tomorrow.  The Metro train drivers are on strict today and tomorrow.  They are not happy with there new contracts and they want the same wage as train drivers so I was told.  The Metro drivers only drive the trains around the Newcastle area.  They are already on  £44,000 a year, not a bad wage.  

There isn’t much support for them where I live.

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

There isn’t much support for them where I live.

Why is there no support?

Jealous because they only earn £10,000+

Being responsible for 100s of peoples lives is a responsible job. But is that our judgment to make? I dont judge, just support a persons right bto strike.

20 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Why is there no support?

Jealous because they only earn £10,000+

Being responsible for 100s of peoples lives is a responsible job. But is that our judgment to make? I dont judge, just support a persons right bto strike.

Yes its because they have high salaries and make commuters lives a misery when they strike. Its not surprising the commuting public is unsupportive.

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

Yes its because they have high salaries and make commuters lives a misery when they strike. Its not surprising the commuting public is unsupportive.

Most strikes affect the strikers customers, should we take away that right to strike? There pay is higher than average, do you say good luck to them because they have a lot of responsibility? Anyone can apply to be a tram/train driver.

On 17/12/2019 at 13:24, convert said:

Well the drivers could always go on 'strike' like these guys did in Japan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-44022004

They continued to drive routes and pick up passengers, but refused to collect fares.

On 17/12/2019 at 13:41, Anna B said:

Nice idea, but if you can't even get ordinary people to support the strikes of their fellow workers, you aren't going to have much luck with this.

Yes you can, see above ^^

We have enormous power and with FB campaigns it is easier now than ever.  eg If majority of SC residents cancelled their council tax direct-debits, and all council tax benefit recipients closed their claims, SC would have no choice but to listen and meet its residents demands. Other cities and towns would see this method works and follow suit.

In France the school teachers went on strike, the teachers baby-sittered the kids and taught nothing.  The the parents and kids are happy,  The teachers win support from kids, parents and general public,  teachers win!