Police On Prince Of Wales Road 16/12/2019

Can anyone say what has  happened on p o w Road. For two days there has been a yellow police van parked outside a house that has now been boarded up. The van says police dogs , not seen one like it before and there are a lot of police present  around the front of the house. Obviously an ongoing enquiry,  even stranger there were people with security  written all over their jackets. 

Edited by nikki-red

I drove past this earlier and don’t think it’s a police van. It looks like a decommissioned ambulance that says security on it. 

12 hours ago, beddoe79 said:

I drove past this earlier and don’t think it’s a police van. It looks like a decommissioned ambulance that says security on it. 

The OP has said it has "Police Dogs" written on it.  I drove past it last night and sure as eggs are eggs, it says, "Police Dogs" on it.  From this I conclude that it is a police vehicle and not a decommissioned ambulance.  However,  I respect your willingness to think outside of the box.  It may equally be an ex-US Army amphibious landing vehicle - but it isn't.  

The other thing I noticed about it is that it appears to be  an electric vehicle, or hybrid.  There was a cable coming from the charger on the side of the vehicle towards the house.  I thought that was a bit strange at the time.  

I don't know what has happened there, but it's a bit of a rum area isn't it?  And as for the folks wandering round with "Security" on their jackets, I am going to come at this really "left-field" now and suggest they were probably security guards.  But I'm open to the suggestion that they may be Traffic Wardens or something else?

its a safe house for xmas doughnuts they need to stash them somewhere

On 19/12/2019 at 07:58, DerbyTup said:

The OP has said it has "Police Dogs" written on it.  I drove past it last night and sure as eggs are eggs, it says, "Police Dogs" on it.  From this I conclude that it is a police vehicle and not a decommissioned ambulance.  However,  I respect your willingness to think outside of the box.  It may equally be an ex-US Army amphibious landing vehicle - but it isn't.  

The other thing I noticed about it is that it appears to be  an electric vehicle, or hybrid.  There was a cable coming from the charger on the side of the vehicle towards the house.  I thought that was a bit strange at the time.  

I don't know what has happened there, but it's a bit of a rum area isn't it?  And as for the folks wandering round with "Security" on their jackets, I am going to come at this really "left-field" now and suggest they were probably security guards.  But I'm open to the suggestion that they may be Traffic Wardens or something else?

The van in question actually says Security Dogs on it.

So like most of your patronising, condescending posts it's all a load of bull****.

On 19/12/2019 at 07:58, DerbyTup said:

Could that be the other way up. It's not uncommon to have power points on the outside of work vehicles if they need to do stuff like power tools or lights or such (a feed out rather than a feed in.)

This thread has all the hallmarks of becoming a classic like the old "What's the police helicopter doing" from some years ago.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

This thread has all the hallmarks of becoming a classic like the old "What's the police helicopter doing" from some years ago.

Strangely enough the police helicopter WAS out in our area last night!!!! Wonder why? 🤔😂😂😂😂

Curiouser and curiouser

yesterday all the downstairs furniture was on the drive, security taking it to pieces then laying it on the front garden.

surely this has gone on too long for it to be drug growing. 
ok I was nosey at first but it’s now winding me up. Anyone any ideas keep them coming. 

10 minutes ago, chris52 said:

Curiouser and curiouser

yesterday all the downstairs furniture was on the drive, security taking it to pieces then laying it on the front garden.

surely this has gone on too long for it to be drug growing. 
ok I was nosey at first but it’s now winding me up. Anyone any ideas keep them coming. 

Next time you go past why not just ask the people wearing security jackets what is happening ,they might tell you they might not 

1 hour ago, Pinkpegasus said:

It’s a house that has been repossessed.

& it took 8 days to find that out !

I was going for someones won the lottery BIG STYLE 

& wanted their property protecting while they fled this rain soaked country,