Scotland And Independence.

24 minutes ago, L00b said:

Nice earner for an independent Scotland, with an "oven ready" Wangland-Scotland agreement to be based on how things will pan out next year for the UK base in Cyprus.

Nothing to do with the debate, really, but please can you tell me where 'Wangland' is  - I can't find it on any up-to-date map, so I assume it's next to Fantasy Island.

Wonder how long it would take to bring Scotland down to the level of wee krankies  constituency,

"FIRST Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon’s very own constituency has become a haven for illegal immigration and organised crime where women cannot walk the streets, it has been claimed."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/702382/Sturgeon-s-EU-slum-Squalor-filth-and-sex-crime-in-constituency-branded-shame-of-Scotland

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

Nothing to do with the debate, really, but please can you tell me where 'Wangland' is  - I can't find it on any up-to-date map, so I assume it's next to Fantasy Island.

You're living on it.

Wangland = Wales + England, it's been a widely-used portmanteau since the days of the IndyRef1 campaign.

But speaking of Fantasy Island, I can easily switch to 'Boris Island' if you prefer. It's going mainstream fast at the moment :)

20 minutes ago, L00b said:

You're living on it.

Wangland = Wales + England, it's been a widely-used portmanteau since the days of the IndyRef1 campaign.

But speaking of Fantasy Island, I can easily switch to 'Boris Island' if you prefer. It's going mainstream fast at the moment :)

Ah, so it's a non-existent fantasy then - thought so

Just hope it breaks the ignorant users arms as they carry it.

Edited by RollingJ
Addition.

I caught Sturgeon's interview on the Andrew Marr programme yesterday.  If she uttered the word 'Democracy' once, she said it a hundred times in the space of 15 mins or so with reference to the fact that the SNP won the vast majority of Scottish seats in the General Election & that for the sake of democracy, Johnson should recognise this fact; the SNP now how democracy on their side in calling for a second Scottish referendum; democracy this / that, etc, etc. 

Pity she & her Party have spent the last 3.5 years blocking the democratic decision of over 17 million, including Scottish voters.  I blame Andrew Marr for not challenging her on this. 

4 hours ago, Janus said:

There is strength in numbers. Would the UK be weaker militarily if Scotland left the UK?

No, its Scotland that would be weaker as they will be a country with no military, army, airforce, navy or armaments of their own. 

I am as fed up of hearing her going on about a second referendum as I am with him outside Parliament shouting stop Brexit all the time.

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

No, its Scotland that would be weaker as they will be a country with no military, army, airforce, navy or armaments of their own. 

That would depend on what sort of leave deal was negotiated.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Just remind me, who's looking to invade Scotland?

?

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Ah, so it's a non-existent fantasy then - thought so

Just hope it breaks the ignorant users arms as they carry it.

What's Brexit, again? What's that easiest deal in history, again? Where's that cake, and are you eating yet?

What is sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander.

2 hours ago, apelike said:

The lack of khaki and blue stuff is really hampering Ireland's development and diplomatic influence ;)

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

I am as fed up of hearing her going on about a second referendum as I am with him outside Parliament shouting stop Brexit all the time.

I've not seen or HEARD him in the past month or so outside Westminster, kind of missing him.  Wonder if he has any regrets about wasting the last 3 & half years of his life? 

A tv company aught to interview him & ask. 

8 hours ago, Janus said:

There is strength in numbers. Would the UK be weaker militarily if Scotland left the UK?

UK military is understaffed as it is and this won't help. I suspect Scotland will keep a regiment or two and allow the RAF to be stationed there. I don't envisage a Scottish air force at all and a Scottish navy won't be much more than a couple of patrol boats. Where that leaves the UKs nuclear fleet is anybody's guess. How about workington ;)