Anyone Work At Thomas Wards In The Late 60s?

Trying to identify a truck used in the lord mayors parade around 1967.

I have a pic but not 100% sure I can upload it

Worked in the team of site supervisers involved in reclaiming materials from the railway branch lines closed under the beeching plan in the 60s.I was given Devon and Cornwall,quite a journey in those days,drove down the fosse way to the southwest.

On 14/12/2019 at 08:23, slotter47 said:

Worked in the team of site supervisers involved in reclaiming materials from the railway branch lines closed under the beeching plan in the 60s.I was given Devon and Cornwall,quite a journey in those days,drove down the fosse way to the southwest.

Wow that would have been quite a journey back then. What did you drive? Any clue what make of truck was in the picture?

That was another interesting aspect to the journey,i think Wards had some connection to the Rootes Group and so we were given new Hillman Imps,at 6ft3ins it was quite cramped as you can imagine.

My cousin Roger Jones was a buyer/sales agent or manager for that company in the 50s and 60s.