General Election 2019 - Results Thread.

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

So, the Conservatives who enabled the financial crash by deregulating the banks, have given us 10 years of austerity so bad that it has killed thousands of people, cocked up the withdrawal from the EU for 3 years, and have given us 3 consecutivePrime Ministers: one who started the whole Brexit debacle and then buggered off, then a dithererPrime Minister who promised us 'strong and stable' but was anything but and failed to deliver the withdrawal for 3years, and now a Prime Minister buffoon who lies through his teeth and can't be trusted to run a whelk stall. What do the Tories have to do to be voted out of office...?

Well done to all those heartland Labour voters who turned Tory because they 'don't much like Jeremy Corbyn,' even though he was on their side. (A quick tip - don't believe everything you read in the papers.) Well you got your wish. Now we all have to live with the consequences.

Enjoy the austerity. . .  

I bet you still haven't watched those lectures I posted you. You complain about this and that, and yet have no concept of what politics is. I've given you a chance to learn something. I know left-wing teaching profession doesn't like real info, so no surprise.

This is a good one and shows why today's result happened.

5 hours ago, apelike said:

I think what you fail to understand is that most people are already enjoying it. I have failed to find anyone who can say that it has affected them and been able to prove it.

BTW as many have said before, the financial crisis was worldwide and had little to do with deregulating the banks.

No, me neither. And I meet people everyday. The only things I hear are 1 liner headlines. I wrote about this in 2009 on here, and looking at it now, when I said that Labour had lost the voters that they used to rely on.

10 years ago I wrote it. Can't post screen shots though, and can't find a link to it! (sf hard to search with new software)

This lecture I picked on the 15 hours total shows this too though

Can the Conservatives refuse Scotland an independance vote?

If they do refuse them a vote will the Scots turn to civil disobedience ?

Whaterver the Scots do Northern Ireland will be close behind. Except for the civil disobedience they do that as the national sport..

If I hear 'One Nation Tories' again I will spit.

Remember Maggie quoting Saint Francis of Assisi.

12 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Not my problem. The people have spoken and voted for it. So let the people have it. Do you not believe in democracy?

Albert was responding to a probable increase in deaths

Welcome to the new world of 'Dog eat Dog' everyone

Edited by Flanker7
spelling

32 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Can the Conservatives refuse Scotland an independance vote?

If they do refuse them a vote will the Scots turn to civil disobedience ?

Whaterver the Scots do Northern Ireland will be close behind. Except for the civil disobedience they do that as the national sport..

If I hear 'One Nation Tories' again I will spit.

Remember Maggie quoting Saint Francis of Assisi.

Albert was responding to a probable increase in deaths

Welcome to the new world of 'Dog eat Dog' everyone

The best thing PM could do is say yes, you can have one in 2021.

That way, if he sorts the leave out, and it works well, it will stop the union breaking up.

That's what I'd do if I was him.

Certainly won't be saying, have one in 2019, not even possible 😊

2 hours ago, despritdan said:

It was a choice between 2 extremes; 2 nightmare scenarios and in the end, people decided that the Tories under Johnson was less of a nightmare than Labour under Corbyn. If the Labour Party and their supporters want to start winning elections again, they need to pull their heads out of the sand, leave their bubble of political correctness and denial and face up to some hard, uncomfortable truths. Their failure to keep their promise to respect the referendum result was a major factor as were their irresponsible spending plans but the underlying factor that has made them so unpopular is their obsession with multi-culturalism and diversity and their determination to swamp this country with as many immigrants as possible until it's standing room only. There's a silent majority who don't feel enriched by decades of mass immigration and don't feel it's been good for the country.

Labour need to realise that people like David Lammy and especially the odious Diane Abbott aren't assets to their party but liabilities; the prospect of her as Home Secretary was enough in itself to lose them the election. I recently read on the 'Russia Today' website about the last election in Denmark where the Social Democrats got the highest % of the votes. They're a moderate left wing party who are tough on immigration because they have the common sense and honesty to recognize the problems it brings, especially when you have a large input of new arrivals whose cultural attitudes are incompatible with those of the native population. All we hear is how enriching it has all been and how they contribute more than they take out, which most of us know is nonsense. I've felt for decades that this country has been crying out for a party like that but there's no chance of the Labour Party reforming itself as it's been totally infiltrated by parasites who want to use it as a Trojan Horse to further their own agendas, whether they be Marxism, black power or turning this country into an Islamic state. Our only hope is that the more sensible members of the party break away and form a new party on the lines of Denmark's Social Democrats so we can at last have a party worth voting for.

Wish I was clever enough to have written that, absolutely 100% on the money, well said. I suspect the truth hurts, so don't expect many positive reply's.

Angel1.

49 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

I bet you still haven't watched those lectures I posted you. You complain about this and that, and yet have no concept of what politics is. I've given you a chance to learn something. I know left-wing teaching profession doesn't like real info, so no surprise.

This is a good one and shows why today's result happened.

No, me neither. And I meet people everyday. The only things I hear are 1 liner headlines. I wrote about this in 2009 on here, and looking at it now, when I said that Labour had lost the voters that they used to rely on.

10 years ago I wrote it. Can't post screen shots though, and can't find a link to it! (sf hard to search with new software)

This lecture I picked on the 15 hours total shows this too though

What’s a left wing teaching profession?

6 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Wish I was clever enough to have written that, absolutely 100% on the money, well said. I suspect the truth hurts, so don't expect many positive reply's.

Angel1.

Agreed.  Probably the best post I’ve read on various forums all day.

21 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What’s a left wing teaching profession?

Every teacher I know, or have ever picked up in my taxi.

Anna said she was a teacher too.

3 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Every teacher I know, or have ever picked up in my taxi.

Anna said she was a teacher too.

So Anna, every teacher you know and have picked up in your cab work in a left wing teaching profession?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

So Anna, every teacher you know and have picked up in your cab work in a left wing teaching profession?

no, I wrote:

If you want to counter a proper argument then you would dismiss my idea that the teaching profession is predominantly left-wing.

6 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

no, I wrote:

If you want to counter a proper argument then you would dismiss my idea that the teaching profession is predominantly left-wing.

That’s exactly what I’m trying to do. The teacher in you link isn’t left wing.

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s exactly what I’m trying to do. The teacher in you link isn’t left wing.

Goodness me.

Surely there's someone else you can post to :hihi:

A Yale course in Political Science by a leading expert in Politics, isn't the kind of comparison I was thinking to the average primary school and secondary school UK that I pick up in Sheffield.

15 episodes, all 1 hour. Watch and learn. It's a social media opinions free zone.

Edited by *_ash_*