General Election 2019 - Results Thread.

I have held fire on this until after the election:, one of the reasons the 'red wall' has collapsed is because of the attitude of many long terrm labour councils, their cllrs,and to a degree, their staff,  who see clients as the enemy, or a nuisance at best, I have been attempting to change policy on financial contributions to social care, it has been a very very dispiriting affair, talking to cllrs, shadow ministers, etc. Lots of disabled and sick people are going bankrupt paying over 50% of care costs (yes most of the public don't even know they have to pay), yet Labour fought an election in 2017 on the dementia tax! People's encounters with most social workers, etc, are frequently unpleasant, one said to my friend, "if you weren't such a do gooder, you wouldn't be so ill" Lots in the Red Wall will have similar experiences, of course the Tories have decimated local expenditure, but look at how they dealt with the trees issues, they have to change, become more responsive, compassionate, empathy costs nothing. I hope L/P members start to speak up more at meetings, etc.

9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

This is not a time for gloating.  Its the bloody nose I've said for so long that Labour would get, only I didn't think it would get it from the Labour heartlands of the North.  

When places like Rother and Don Valley and so many other strong Labour seats are voting Tory, you know that Labour is no longer speaking to the people there.

Time to move on, fresh leader, fresh perspectives.  Brexit should now be a done deal and forgotten about.  No more talk about extensions and second referrendums which are splitting the party.  Remainers are just going to have to grin and bear it.  I accepted it some time ago, Lets get a moderate Labour leader to reunite the party and prepare for a 2024 victory.

So, soneone who voted to abstain in the last welfare reform bill which has now led to many deaths should be leader?

btw, got rid of my Peugeot 307, it was an albatross, loads of repairs, moneypit, tx for help.

9 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

I want my tax cut for the 40% bracket. Should have kept his promise by moving it to £80k. But still hopeful that the Tories can do something for us once welfare is rightfully cut. 

It is at the bone already, so even more deaths.

Edited by gamezone07

Thank you Father Christbyn for giving us all a lovely gift.

It was a choice between 2 extremes; 2 nightmare scenarios and in the end, people decided that the Tories under Johnson was less of a nightmare than Labour under Corbyn. If the Labour Party and their supporters want to start winning elections again, they need to pull their heads out of the sand, leave their bubble of political correctness and denial and face up to some hard, uncomfortable truths. Their failure to keep their promise to respect the referendum result was a major factor as were their irresponsible spending plans but the underlying factor that has made them so unpopular is their obsession with multi-culturalism and diversity and their determination to swamp this country with as many immigrants as possible until it's standing room only. There's a silent majority who don't feel enriched by decades of mass immigration and don't feel it's been good for the country.

Labour need to realise that people like David Lammy and especially the odious Diane Abbott aren't assets to their party but liabilities; the prospect of her as Home Secretary was enough in itself to lose them the election. I recently read on the 'Russia Today' website about the last election in Denmark where the Social Democrats got the highest % of the votes. They're a moderate left wing party who are tough on immigration because they have the common sense and honesty to recognize the problems it brings, especially when you have a large input of new arrivals whose cultural attitudes are incompatible with those of the native population. All we hear is how enriching it has all been and how they contribute more than they take out, which most of us know is nonsense. I've felt for decades that this country has been crying out for a party like that but there's no chance of the Labour Party reforming itself as it's been totally infiltrated by parasites who want to use it as a Trojan Horse to further their own agendas, whether they be Marxism, black power or turning this country into an Islamic state. Our only hope is that the more sensible members of the party break away and form a new party on the lines of Denmark's Social Democrats so we can at last have a party worth voting for.

3 hours ago, apelike said:

I think what you fail to understand is that most people are already enjoying it. I have failed to find anyone who can say that it has affected them and been able to prove it.

BTW as many have said before, the financial crisis was worldwide and had little to do with deregulating the banks.

My sisters kids have been affected, in that their state schools have lost a lot of funding and many optional things good for kids, such as music, are now pay as you go only (so poor people have no access).

2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

US are queuing up to do a big trade deal with us

and looking at the US under trump, looking at the US's current trading partners and whats happened with them since trump took over, tell us what will happen with any US deal? whos it going to favour?

when trump says a great deal with the UK, a great deal for who? i can guess, can you?

10 minutes ago, nightrider said:

My sisters kids have been affected, in that their state schools have lost a lot of funding and many optional things good for kids, such as music, are now pay as you go only (so poor people have no access).

State schools(some) may have elected to stop music lessons - no one forced them to do so. Some schools have stopped vocational training like hair and beauty to concentrate on academic subjects some schools haven't. They have a budget what they spend it on is their choice.

I can't  hear that man gobbing off anymore out side Parliament , what's  gone wrong ?

6 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

I can't  hear that man gobbing off anymore out side Parliament , what's  gone wrong ?

Thankfully he's been shut up, he was on screen just behind the  bloke being interviewed , he just held his placards up.

3 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I see the £ is soaring now - highest levels for years!  US are queuing up to do a big trade deal with us, EU still want to trade with us.  Where did it all go wrong?😀

Don't count your chickens - this bounce is about the removal of uncertainty - wait until Boris gets Brexit done - then we'll see the true impact of yesterdays suicide act.

34 minutes ago, willman said:

They have a budget what they spend it on is their choice.

You missed out the word 'reduced' before 'budget'

Well thank God no Labour government, that's the best I was hoping for but expected a hung parliament and more uncertainty. Now we have a majority government hopefully that will get the Brexit issue sorted at least, he has no excuses now

44 minutes ago, willman said:

State schools(some) may have elected to stop music lessons - no one forced them to do so. Some schools have stopped vocational training like hair and beauty to concentrate on academic subjects some schools haven't. They have a budget what they spend it on is their choice.

Yes, nothing to with rescued budgets is it.

1 hour ago, gamezone07 said:

It is at the bone already, so even more deaths.

Not my problem. The people have spoken and voted for it. So let the people have it. Do you not believe in democracy?