Blades V Villa.

4 minutes ago, atticus said:

The biggest compliment i can pay the Blades is that teams are turning up at Bramall Lane now and putting 10 players behind the ball. It worked for an awful Newcastle side but not for Villa.

The first half was a boring watch but we were superb in the 2nd. Basham had a stormer and Mc Burnie had his best game for the club when he came on.A special mention for McGoldrick, the roof is gonna come off the kop when he finally scores a goal.

Apparently he is having a chat with Mr Rhodes.

There was a moment in the second half when Fleck was through. Opportunity of a hat trick or a simple sideway pass to McGoldrick to break his duck.

He ended up doing neither. 

But what a second half performance. When we have a centre back in the opponents half on the right wing doing a Messi style back heel to start the move for a goal then it just seems unreal.  

I hope MOTD does it justice tonight. 

Villa were poorest side I've seen this season,  although they contained Mousse. I didn't however go to the Burnley match.  All that rolling around in agony though.

6 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Were they though? Or did we just dominate them?

The commitment from our boys again Ridgewalk! First to every ball, hassling and hunting down every single ball!! Passing the ball around them swiftly and clinically, moving for one and other and just putting a proper shift in. 

Our unorthodox style once against bamboozled the opposition. Villa tried to make a game of it, but they simply couldn't..... The strikers couldn't get in the game what so ever, as our back three had them in their pockets. The midfield and back four were pulled out all over the park, as they tried to work out where the extra bodies had come from. It's weird for midfielders to suddenly find themselves surrounded by 4 or 5 players! We throw those full backs into attacking positions, a striker drops deep, the central midfielders move across, and we literally pass our way through and around them.....Throw in a CB, and suddenly they haven't a bloody clue what is going on!.....Two to three players, suddenly finding themselves trying to close down 4-5 players. 

We didn't allow them a sniff today, despite Grealish trying to engine away and create something. Every time they tried to come forward, we marked them out of the game....In fact that is why Grealish himself tried to force himself forward, he knew that his teammates werent getting anything out of us. 

£130m+ of players in that Villa team today and we outclassed and outsmarted them in every department, particularly in the second half....The Villa fans comments online reflect this! They are crying out for even a little bit of the passion, determination and confidence that we possess. 

I take your point cmonkes perhaps, probably,we made them look poor. To me they didn't show any quality, any at all. No composure at the back, failure to play the ball out. They looked hurried, rushed, and I agree teams only play as well as the opposition let's 'em

The way in which they played the last half of the season in the Championship suggested that they would be a force to be reckoned with, although being 3-0 up against them, to draw 3-3 massively flattered them and gave a false picture, in a higher league. Out of the 3 promoted clubs they were tipped to do best and they threw i believe close to £140, million at it during summer. 

I thought Villa looked agricultural  just with the theatrical Grealish who seems to believe the hype. Even his run up for the Penalty seemed affected, ( strange observation from me I realise). 

They did contain Mousse, who was quiet. McBurnie has obviously been  working at his game, he was better, but lacks composure , a couple of hurried and misplaced passes in good positions.

I thought it was routine today, when beforehand I feared a slip up.

Full credit to the players today. 

I actually feel a bit sorry for the lads not getting a kick, Besic, Osborne, Freeman, but what do you do ? Billy is still the iconic figure down there. Jags is presumably learning the ropes for the future

UTB

I always believed no United team would ever surpass the United team of my adolescence the Currie era,  but I'm starting to doubt that now.

Norwood seems to make those long field diagonal passes when he doesn't need to, just to show off his ability, and Baldock and Stevens, seem to toy with and tease the opposition. Makes for a great spectacle.

Only elephant in the room for me, is Henderson, so relaxed and composed, but he's not our player. what happens come May is out of our hands

And what  about Bashambauer ?

Edited by Ridgewalk

Its a dream come true,

In fact I've glued a copy of the league table on to my bedroom ceiling, I just gaze at it, then fall asleep...……...

13 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Annoyingly the video footage was a little bit on the "thin side" again, not very complimentary towards us again!

Some of the swift passing play today, wouldn't have been left out of the video footage had it been Liverpool or Man City that's for sure. 

The commentary and pundit comments in all fairness, DID reflect what we all saw in the stands....As did the manager interviews. But seriously? Some of the best counter attacking play, some of the best passes and movement in the game, some of the better counter attacks, we're once again missed out. But yet.....the show the couple of second half flourishes that Grealish had?? They show the penalty?....They make it look like Villa were equal to us in the game, when in all fairness that is pretty much all they had. We created and had way more chances, chances that weren't shown on TV.

Who cares......We were absolutely class in that second half AGAIN!!..... The magic continues!

God Bless Chrissy Wilder!

That doesn't surprise me. When we were in the prem that used to annoy me that we only got a little bit tacked on the end, even when we were having a good season. they only care about the more so called fashionable clubs

5 hours ago, cmonkes said:

I'm afraid that this will probably always be the case for us two Nervy. No matter how big we think we are in our own city or traditionally, we hold no real significance in the modern day, national media.

I think the only away to well and truly put ourselves on the footballing map, would be to have both teams in the top flight for a number of seasons. But what really cheeses me off, is that should Leeds secure promotion, I bet they don't get the same harsh coverage. For some reason, Leeds always seem to be heaped on in the media? When they get back to the top flight, they will treat them like they have never been away. This has always been the case hasn't it? We all hate them, but the media love them.

True but I don't see a time that both of us could be there at same time unfortunately, always seems to be one has to be doing well while the other has issues or just poor.

I don't get that with Leeds either, the media do seem to love them for some unknown reason