Blades V Villa.

If we keep Grealish quite, I'll go for at least 2 - 0.

Hoping that McGoldrick nets one?

Edited by Baron99

We need to get winning at home again. Win this one and I think that might mean we've cemented our position for a second season in the Premier League. Our away run will come to an end at some point.

No Ming's apparently

Tough games these, as both want the points.

This is a big month. 2 out of the way (of which 4 points would have been good), and now 3 big games that could make or break for tense 2020.

Villa h

Brighton a

Watford h

9 points to be won now. I'd take 6 now from these.

Edited by *_ash_*

Big month, big games, must win...

I think these phrases apply to every month and game tbh.  

I think 6 points is a good shout tbf.  We really ought to beat Watford - they are poor.  How we contrived to only draw with them at their place I don't know.  That's a definite 3 points for me.  I think Brighton away will yield nothing.  Our first away defeat of the season I fear.  Villa on saturday... home win!

3 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Big month, big games, must win...

I think these phrases apply to every month and game tbh.  

I think 6 points is a good shout tbf.  We really ought to beat Watford - they are poor.  How we contrived to only draw with them at their place I don't know.  That's a definite 3 points for me.  I think Brighton away will yield nothing.  Our first away defeat of the season I fear.  Villa on saturday... home win!

I said this when the fixture list came out Derby. Yes, every game is important, and every month important of course...

but pre season, I wouldn't have estimated such a good start, so a month playing all the teams around us looked important then, and I still think important now. If we win the lot we could have a decent top half finishl if we lose all, in such a tight league, we could be in trouble with any injuries or suspensions.

Other than the bottom 2, which are far from relegated yet, everyone has almost 1 point per game, which 38 would be considered close.

I agree though, of these I think Watford, I'll be a bit unhappy with anything that a win. Of the other 2, I would fear Villa more, as we are doing better away, and Brighton look like a game we should be looking to win.

Edited by *_ash_*

Sheffield United 2 Aston Villa 1.

What a great job Chris Wilder has done though, always find second season is the hardest for promoted clubs staying up.

Obvious really but all games at this level are hard. We'll lose games we are favourites to win and vice versa.  I can see us drawing today and winning at Brighton. Watford will be fighting for their life and the Blades have to match them.

Tyrone Mings is missing for Vile today

Edited by Ridgewalk

Nooooooooo! 

Lawrenson's got the Blades to win 2 - 1.

Or could it be he's right for the first time this season? 

From Lawrenson on BBC website;

"It feels like every time I tip Sheffield United to win - like I did for their last home game, against Newcastle - they end up getting beaten.

And every time I back their opponents to get something out of the game - like I did last weekend when they played Norwich - the Blades win."

I think we've already sussed that one, Lawrenson. 

Edited by Baron99

Blimey! What can I say other than, 5th in the Premiership! 

I'll not ruin the mood by mentioning the cheating, Bambi on ice diving Grealish but it looks like the old saying is true, cheats never prosper. 

How can Villa have spent £126 million on that rubbish when they could have bought a football team with the money.  

Edited by Baron99

Are Blades a great team or not :loopy:.

Can we compete with Barcelona, Real, Bayern ETC.

We will find the truth next season.

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

Are Blades a great team or not :loopy:.

Can we compete with Barcelona, Real, Bayern ETC.

Don't be silly, they are giants of the game with the finances to boot.

The biggest compliment i can pay the Blades is that teams are turning up at Bramall Lane now and putting 10 players behind the ball. It worked for an awful Newcastle side but not for Villa.

The first half was a boring watch but we were superb in the 2nd. Basham had a stormer and Mc Burnie had his best game for the club when he came on.A special mention for McGoldrick, the roof is gonna come off the kop when he finally scores a goal.