Nottingham Forrest V Sheffield Wednesday

Just watched the goals on Quest, No fluke about Rhodes, 2 good goals, and what about the 3rd...A Christmas cracker.

Very pleased for Rhodes today,hes had it tough here since his arrival,the weight of expectation has no doubt been a huge burden but he put all that behind him and put in a hard working display with a perfect hatrick.

Forest were awfull,just one real attempt at goal,but that was due to the hard work by Wednesday.Very chuffed

The fans you to sing "Were on the Rhodes to Know Were" but is hat-trick yesterday just shows why we signed him in the First Place,as he use to score goals like that against us, Monk is now getting more crosses into the box for our strikers,and its really working,no stupid passes across the field between the defenders,that use to be so annoying under Carlos,so more direct kicking up the field,if we wouldn"t have thrown the stupid points away in the last 4 games we could have easily been in the top two

6 hours ago, 1295galaxy said:

The fans you to sing "Were on the Rhodes to Know Were" but is hat-trick yesterday just shows why we signed him in the First Place,as he use to score goals like that against us, Monk is now getting more crosses into the box for our strikers,and its really working,no stupid passes across the field between the defenders,that use to be so annoying under Carlos,so more direct kicking up the field,if we wouldn"t have thrown the stupid points away in the last 4 games we could have easily been in the top two

Yes those goals are what I'd expect of an in form Rhodes. Maybe not the bycycle kick but the other two were just like the Rhodes of old. It would be great if he found some form and Fletcher kept going then maybe we could make the playoffs but that punishment is still lurking round the corner somewhere that could undo all the work

On 14/12/2019 at 18:13, Padders said:

Wasn't expecting that Hots, now gerroff that fence, all Rhodes lead to promotion now.

It was even bigger and more unexpected than Boris' huge win.

I won't ever get carried away, but I've always known that when we want to play, we can play.

If Monk has condensed the players' attitudes, and instilled a more attacking vein in the lads, then good on 'im.

Hopefully, we can keep it going, but I've said that numerous times before, and like the proverbial Christmas balloons, I've been let down.

We'll see. 

I think your win against Brentford was a better more important result. Not sure I rate Forest despite the league table. Barnsley played them to death at theCity ground but lost 1-0

always said rhodes was a top player with all teams except us,so monk has got it right and played round him and the goals came and will continue now we are playing to all our forwards skills,so promotion in 2020 unless the FA decide otherwise and knowing our luck that could happen,but hope they see sense.