Blades 'lane Line Up' Programmes

In 1971/72 I was the sole winner one particular week of the 'Blades bingo'. Does anyone have copies of the programmes from this time they could look through to find which issue it was, so I could then order a copy from ebay perhaps? Bit vague only knowing the year(s) but even that's pretty good for me these days! It would read M Spencer, £100 winner. Lot of money in those days, went straight to the Castle market for a 'Harrington' jacket!! Still do it now but can't seem to get past a tenner, happy to support the Blades though.

I'm pretty sure I have all the home programmes for that season. To help in the search could you narrow it down to a particular month?

I have been through all the 1971/72 programmes and although the Blades Bingo is well publicised there are no winners listed.

I have also been through the previous season's programmes (1970/71) and all winners are listed in there.

Seems to be a change in policy by the club for that 1971/72 season.

3 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I'm pretty sure I have all the home programmes for that season. To help in the search could you narrow it down to a particular month?

WOW.

You're obviously a collecter. You ought  to check out the Antiques centre in the Elsecar Heritage centre. Near the entrance to the left as you go in there is a Sporting Memorability section, quite a few old Blades eg 1947 programmes and Owls memorabilia  for that matter 

Edited by Ridgewalk

1 hour ago, abbeyedges said:

I have been through all the 1971/72 programmes and although the Blades Bingo is well publicised there are no winners listed.

I have also been through the previous season's programmes (1970/71) and all winners are listed in there.

Seems to be a change in policy by the club for that 1971/72 season.

That's a shame, thanks to all for trying anyway.