Spotlight In Our Bathroom

Our bathroom has recessed spotlights using GU5 bulbs.

If I change the bulbs to LED ones is it likely dimmer will be incompatible and will need changing?

Thanks

You can buy dimmable led bulbs now, slightly more expensive. I get mine from Screwfix.

Issue I’ve had with some led bulbs being run off a dimmer is that the bulbs won’t turn off completely. I had to try several brands before I found some that would but my dimmers are electronic touch ones 

The correct name for the lamps is GU5.3. Also consider the colour output on your new lamps, the nearest equivalent to your current low voltage units is 2700k or warm white, if you want a cooler white, consider 4000k

Anyways, there is a good chance that the dimmer will need to be changed. A good option to go for which works with a wide variety of lamps is a Varilight V-Pro dimmer, which you can obtain from an electrical wholesaler or online. 

If it needs doing, and you feel confident enough to swop the dimmer, take a picture prior to changing the unit to make sure you get the cables correctly in common and L1 terminals assuming your bathroom only has 1 switch.