Winn Drive

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

It's probably fair to say that the OP doesn't have total control in choice.

Yes, Winn estate is a bit rough, but in the circumstances that they have written (i.e. 3 kids), then of the current choice of Castle Court or Winn, it's a no brainer.

Winn is walkable to amenities, schools, shops, potential friends for the kids etc. Castle Court is a flats complex pretty much in town. No place for kids that. They'll never go out until old enough, or with parent/s.

Correct... Not a great deal of choice. New choice is lowedges.... Edmund close. But that is getting just as much of a bashing on the fb group I posted on x

28 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

Correct... Not a great deal of choice. New choice is lowedges.... Edmund close. But that is getting just as much of a bashing on the fb group I posted on x

You do right to ask.

You'll obviously get negative posts, as I would too, because it's somewhere that I wouldn't choose to live.

Lowedges, is probably similar in area to Winn, but miles out.

Depends what you're looking for. I'd choose Winn over Lowedges purely because it's a long way out.

I've met several people who live on Winn Gardens.  Their circumstances are varied, including one who has bought her property there through Right to Buy.  She has lived there happily for years, as do a couple of her adult children.    

As has been said the location is a big plus.  Local amenities plus the tram. 

Winn Gardens Community facebook page might be worth checking.

Edited by Ms Macbeth