Winn Drive

Hi all opinions of winn drive please. I know its got a rep but is it OK now? All the threads I see are old. Have 3 kids what are the maisonettes like x

All maisonette’s around that area are extremely rough but it’s getting that way everywhere.    

Thanks for replying. Yes iv lived on a maisonette before and got burgled in Broad day light so I'm wary but also in desperate need of somewhere to live however I have to think of the little ones first and their safety x

6 hours ago, Shampoo said:

Hi all opinions of winn drive please. I know its got a rep but is it OK now? All the threads I see are old. Have 3 kids what are the maisonettes like x

Your other post mentioned Castle Court. If you've got 3 kids, better off at Winn, given the choice of these two.

I don't know if kids play out these days, but much less chance of that in Castle Court.

20 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Your other post mentioned Castle Court. If you've got 3 kids, better off at Winn, given the choice of these two.

I don't know if kids play out these days, but much less chance of that in Castle Court.

Tbh I'm about 5th in e list for Hyde Park now anyway.  Winn is closer to where I need to be for schools etc still not close enough really but.... 

I have tried looking at the sizes of the places inside as council give nothing. It's boarded up and the very few I found online don't seem to show the bedrooms. I have 3 girls so need to make sure the second bedroom is big enough for two but not having much joy... 

10 hours ago, Shampoo said:

Tbh I'm about 5th in e list for Hyde Park now anyway.  Winn is closer to where I need to be for schools etc still not close enough really but.... 

I have tried looking at the sizes of the places inside as council give nothing. It's boarded up and the very few I found online don't seem to show the bedrooms. I have 3 girls so need to make sure the second bedroom is big enough for two but not having much joy... 

Have a look on rightmove. Some have been sold off. Look for similar one and you'll get floorplan from it.

edit: here's one. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=34004703&sale=70688628&country=england

Edited by *_ash_*

21 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

Have a look on rightmove. Some have been sold off. Look for similar one and you'll get floorplan from it.

edit: here's one. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=34004703&sale=70688628&country=england

Aww I didn't see that at all I googled for hours 😁. Thanks so much x

11 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

Winn Gardens is an absolute toilet, but the general area is not bad.

Good transport links with the tram right outside and it's an easy walk to the small Asda at the end of the street.

8 hours ago, geared said:

Winn Gardens is an absolute toilet, but the general area is not bad.

Good transport links with the tram right outside and it's an easy walk to the small Asda at the end of the street.

Absolute toilet 😁 what's wrong with it? Honest answers please :)

Put it this way,  police park the meat wagon in the estate so they don't have to drive so far when the inevitable call is made.

On 10/12/2019 at 12:43, jon&emma said:

All maisonette’s around that area are extremely rough but it’s getting that way everywhere.    

What rubbish! 

It's probably fair to say that the OP doesn't have total control in choice.

Yes, Winn estate is a bit rough, but in the circumstances that they have written (i.e. 3 kids), then of the current choice of Castle Court or Winn, it's a no brainer.

Winn is walkable to amenities, schools, shops, potential friends for the kids etc. Castle Court is a flats complex pretty much in town. No place for kids that. They'll never go out until old enough, or with parent/s.