Pond Street Car Park Murder

Does anyone remember the Pond Street car park attendant murder. Was it ever solved?

No never solved it happened in June 1976 John (somebody) as I remember

47 minutes ago, Cycleracer said:

No never solved it happened in June 1976 John (somebody) as I remember

Yes that would be about right I remember my mother went to the top rank bingo and parked the car in that car park had to suffer bingo for a few weeks to accompany her because she didn’t like going in alone anymore.

john wortley   The car park attendant was attacked while he worked in a kiosk in a multi-storey car park on Pond Street in Sheffield city centre in 1975. His attacker stole £60.

Theres an excel file listing all the unresolved murders here from the polices own site, this ones on it.

and a bit from the star about these unresolved murders here

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/revealed-26-unsolved-murders-new-cold-crime-squad-will-probe-sheffield-south-yorkshire-455339

Edited by melthebell

8 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Does anyone remember the Pond Street car park attendant murder. Was it ever solved?

It was John Henry Wortley June 1975.  No it was never solved but if I remember correctly at least one person and a car seen in the vicinity were never traced? 

An  amount of money was taken from the kiosk till and there was some mention of the attendant being gay.

Edited by only_me

21 hours ago, psyko said:

john wortley   The car park attendant was attacked while he worked in a kiosk in a multi-storey car park on Pond Street in Sheffield city centre in 1975. His attacker stole £60.

Sorry I was a year out, I remember it happening in the really hot Summer and of course 1975 was certainly hot...

6 hours ago, Cycleracer said:

Sorry I was a year out, I remember it happening in the really hot Summer and of course 1975 was certainly hot...

It was so hot a cricket match in Buxton was snowed off.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 15:22, max said:

It was freak weather which can happen mid Summer lasted a few hours plus Buxton is on high ground which probably didn't affect Sheffield at all...Are you saying 1975 was not a hot Summer, was you actually born.

The drought of 1976 wasn't caused by the hot Summer it was followed by 1975s hot Summer and never fully recovered.

1 hour ago, Cycleracer said:

It was freak weather which can happen mid Summer lasted a few hours plus Buxton is on high ground which probably didn't affect Sheffield at all...Are you saying 1975 was not a hot Summer, was you actually born.

The drought of 1976 wasn't caused by the hot Summer it was followed by 1975s hot Summer and never fully recovered.

Wow, I'm glad you've explained all that otherwise I'd never have know.

For your information, I was relaxing in the sun in Norfolk on that day, drinking wine and listening to the cricket.

Plus, as we're in an educate each other mode, the phrase is "were you actually born" rather than "was you actually born".

22 hours ago, max said:

Wow, I'm glad you've explained all that otherwise I'd never have know.

For your information, I was relaxing in the sun in Norfolk on that day, drinking wine and listening to the cricket.

Plus, as we're in an educate each other mode, the phrase is "were you actually born" rather than "was you actually born".

So you remember it was a hot day but a Buxton cricket match got snowed off while you were drinking wine on that very day Mr Grammar policeman,, well can you remember the wine brand to, bet you actually can.

Talking of grammar, you mean "I'd never had known" 

Edited by Cycleracer