Owls Players Paid Short?

Just walked past the Bankers Draft and got asked for twos by Barry Bannan. 

55 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Just walked past the Bankers Draft and got asked for twos by Barry Bannan. 

Was he waiting for Mcburnie to get the car?

Apparently this was an issue with the bank the club uses to pay its wages and affected others as well, that awful alleged journalist Alan Nixon used it to grab attention, something he's rather good at.

3 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Apparently this was an issue with the bank the club uses to pay its wages and affected others as well, that awful alleged journalist Alan Nixon used it to grab attention, something he's rather good at.

I told Chansiri not to use the Co-Op.

9 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

£ 36,000 per month. How do they cope ?

Can see Mousset going next summer. If he continues his current form, he'll be tempted by big offers. All the other players have served their apprenticeships in the lower divisions and know where their breads buttered

Yes quite possibly.  Tbh - I've no problem with players moving on, it happens.  It didn't use to happen as much as it does now, back in the day like...but the world has moved on.  I don't think anyone is irreplaceable, no matter how good they are.  Whisper it, but I don't think Mousset is a world-beater either.  He's fast and strong, but his first touch isn't great and sometimes the ball just bounces off him, or he gives it up cheaply.  He stands out in that United team though because he's the only forward we've got with any pace and strength.  I hope he has a crackin' season and goes on to score 20 goals or more - then if someone wants to be daft enough to pay £100m for him in summer we'll be laughing as if we've just taken a North Sea Ferry.  Go and get Brooks back from Bournemouth then - he's a far better player.

My main concern is not who goes out, but who comes in to replace them.  That's usually where United have fallen down in the past.  Hopefully we are not in that situation now.

19 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

The £9,000 per week was reported in one of the dailies either last week or the week before. Lowest, apparently in the Premier league. 

That's Sheffield for yer!  We like a bargain don't we? 😀 

"Arr much?!?" 😱

2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Yes quite possibly.  Tbh - I've no problem with players moving on, it happens.  It didn't use to happen as much as it does now, back in the day like...but the world has moved on.  I don't think anyone is irreplaceable, no matter how good they are.  Whisper it, but I don't think Mousset is a world-beater either.  He's fast and strong, but his first touch isn't great and sometimes the ball just bounces off him, or he gives it up cheaply.  He stands out in that United team though because he's the only forward we've got with any pace and strength.  I hope he has a crackin' season and goes on to score 20 goals or more - then if someone wants to be daft enough to pay £100m for him in summer we'll be laughing as if we've just taken a North Sea Ferry.  Go and get Brooks back from Bournemouth then - he's a far better player.

My main concern is not who goes out, but who comes in to replace them.  That's usually where United have fallen down in the past.  Hopefully we are not in that situation now.

That's Sheffield for yer!  We like a bargain don't we? 😀 

"Arr much?!?" 😱

'Arr Much??!' - the Sheffield war cry.

I remember being in a pub in Uxbridge before the FA Cup semi final against Hull.

A Blades fan in front of me ordered a round of drinks. When the barmaid gave him the price the response was 

'Arr Much? You could buy a small terrace up north for that.' 

On 10/12/2019 at 08:56, abbeyedges said:

'Arr Much??!' - the Sheffield war cry.

I remember being in a pub in Uxbridge before the FA Cup semi final against Hull.

A Blades fan in front of me ordered a round of drinks. When the barmaid gave him the price the response was 

'Arr Much? You could buy a small terrace up north for that.' 

😀  Yes I know what you mean!  "everywhere we go -oh, we allus want to know-oh, arr much is it?"  

Must admit though, the bloke had a point.  The last few years I've been spending more time working down south than up here, in fact, that's probably true for most of my life.  There's a big difference in the price of things.  That bloke should try buying a round of drinks in Switzerland though - now that really is expensive!  Makes London look cheap!  I lived and worked there during the week a few years ago - Jayzus!  The locals only pay a low rate of tax, so the prices aren't so bad for them, but for outsiders coming in, it's really expensive.  Lovely place though, if a bit "quiet" with some odd rules!