Owls Players Paid Short?

reading in todays sun ,the players were paid £17,000 ,with the balance of there wages paid a few days later,seems strange if true,any ideas?

Paid £17000 short , however do they manage to survive .

Seems like quite a few clubs are having troubles paying the bills these days.

No great surprise given the astronomic wages footballers are on.

Chansiri was out in his trawler netting tuna for his familys £8 billion rated company....who needs bin lahden when fish net ya that much 😂

Im in the wrong game,should have bought a trawler from hulls fleet and buggered off to thialand.

17 grand short,fish not biting DC? beggers belief,I think Brian Joicey got 350 quid a week,my old fella trebled that and then some selling cars around the same time!

How times have changed,a minumum wage would soon put these over paid fairys in their place,might stay on their feet more if there was a goal bonus and less upfront!

Apologies for bringing the Blades into this.

I believe the players are on an average £9,000 per week, the lowest in the Premier league, but there's a £10 million pot to be shared if we stay in the Premier league.

Divided by just over 20 players that's approaching doubling their weekly wage. 

As staninoodle says there needs to be a bonus (incentive) to motivate these guys. 

2 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I believe the players are on an average £9,000 per week, the lowest in the Premier league, but there's a £10 million pot to be shared if we stay in the Premier league.

As staninoodle says there needs to be a bonus (incentive) to motivate these guys. 

That average sounds pretty low to me - I can't see many players being on less than £9000 per week at United - and there must be if £9000 is the average.  However, that's by the by I think - I've also heard that there's a £10M bonus pot to be shared if they stay up.  I think that's a good thing as it encourages players to stay with the club and not move on in Jan - not that I think many will want to.  After all, they are getting national and international recognition for what they are doing and playing at the top end of the best football league in the world.  So, it's not like they need to change clubs to improve their career prospects.  It depends how greedy they are for more money I suppose?  And whether that is more important than other social and environmental factors?  

I think if I was playing for a club where I was getting a very good wage and potentially a very good long term bonus, and if I was getting in the team regularly, enjoying being there, getting international recognition, being settled in the area with a nice house and kids in good schools, I think all those things would count for a lot more than getting a bigger wage somewhere else.

But that's just me.

I'm not a professional footballer.  If I was though, whatever my wage was, I'd expect it to be paid when they say it will be.  I've not caught up with this latest news about Wednesday, but it doesn't sound good does it?  I hope I'm wrong (genuinely - even though I'm a Blade) but it seems to me that ship is steering into some very choppy waters of late - and all this at a time when they look genuinely capable of mounting a serious promotion push.

5 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

That average sounds pretty low to me - I can't see many players being on less than £9000 per week at United - and there must be if £9000 is the average.  However, that's by the by I think - I've also heard that there's a £10M bonus pot to be shared if they stay up.  I think that's a good thing as it encourages players to stay with the club and not move on in Jan - not that I think many will want to.  After all, they are getting national and international recognition for what they are doing and playing at the top end of the best football league in the world.  So, it's not like they need to change clubs to improve their career prospects.  It depends how greedy they are for more money I suppose?  And whether that is more important than other social and environmental factors?  

I think if I was playing for a club where I was getting a very good wage and potentially a very good long term bonus, and if I was getting in the team regularly, enjoying being there, getting international recognition, being settled in the area with a nice house and kids in good schools, I think all those things would count for a lot more than getting a bigger wage somewhere else.

But that's just me.

I'm not a professional footballer.  If I was though, whatever my wage was, I'd expect it to be paid when they say it will be.  I've not caught up with this latest news about Wednesday, but it doesn't sound good does it?  I hope I'm wrong (genuinely - even though I'm a Blade) but it seems to me that ship is steering into some very choppy waters of late - and all this at a time when they look genuinely capable of mounting a serious promotion push.

As long as the money's coming into the clubs is honestly earned by the owners and not for the advancement  of  Countries or states that may or may not have stolen it from the poor or under classes in those Countries then no problem there .

1 hour ago, DerbyTup said:

But that's just me.

The £9,000 per week was reported in one of the dailies either last week or the week before. Lowest, apparently in the Premier league. 

the report said all players/ect on wages above £17,000 didnt get the balance of there wages until a few days later,how many would that be at s6 ten or more?,but it does seem strange doesnt it?

14 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

£ 36,000 per month. How do they cope ?

11 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

But that's just me.

Can see Mousset going next summer. If he continues his current form, he'll be tempted by big offers. All the other players have served their apprenticeships in the lower divisions and know where their breads buttered

2 hours ago, jackanne said:

Got to be true if it was in the Sun!!!

Thé Sun !!!!!  We've got Sun readers on here ?

How embarrassing for us