Grit bins, where are they?

hmmmm, well thanks for the replies, im still yet to find a grit bin in my local area and im getting really concerned now, if the snow comes i will slip and fall :(

Hiya everyone

do we still have grit bins in sheffield? ive not seen one for ages and im worried for in case the snow comes, does anyone know where the nearest one to attercliffe road is?

muchas

xx

I been out looking for grit today. Found a bucketfull, half a mile away. I live on a road which has a driveway to a disabled centre and a doctors surgery. However the grit bin is always empty and when you call the council about it, the repsonse you get is ..... we will be with you shortly. we still waiting even though the met office has given plenty of warning of more to come.

3 weeks we been waiting for the bin to be filled. The main road that runs at the bottom of our road is clogged up with cars that cant get up the road to park in the doctors sugery car park.

This has a knock on effect for buses, people trying to drive out of side roads and cant see on to the main road for parked cars.

Also the disabled patients, have to leave their transport and walk or try and use wheel chairs etc on un treated paths an roads.

Amazes me this country, how would we cope if we had severe winters like Canada and Russia have??

Mu mum has one bang outside her house. VERY handy!!!

Sorry to relaunch this thread but there is an app to answer your question now available for your iphone (I kid yee not)

http://www.gritmaps.co.uk/

I've downloaded this and it's great, you can send a pre written email to the right department asking for the bin to be filled/repaired/replaced.

Just downloaded it and all the ones I know are there in Grenoside are either missing from the map or nowhere near the quoted location!! :(:(

They seem to be depositing them in our area, randomly, without grit in them. The last 10 years we only had 3/4 on the whole estate two on adjacent roads??? The local councillors were absolutely useless in securing more and actually didn't do anything to assist local residents.