Two Thirds Beer Co. - Abbeydale Rd

Two Thirds Beer Co, just along from the Abbeydale Rd / Sheldon Rd junction. 

Just passed it tonight, on my way home from the match.  Fairly full & all that vintage old fashioned lighting.  Looks very nice from the outside. 

It's alright. Very simple decor. 14 rotating beverages on draught or keg or whatever.  Nice bar staff, keen to make sure they get their products right so had a few suggestions thhat they appear to have followed up. Decent addition to the area in my view.

Yeah, was busy on Saturday. Beer pretty good and nice inside with friendly staff.

Tried to link this to my other Post but this inflexible forum software doesn't seem to have the ability - so have to duplicate my post again from under the Teller thread...

•  

Fancied a quick tipple last night (Monday) on way to pick up a pizza. 

The Teller was closed.

The Gin Bar was closed.

The Two-Thirds Bar was closed.

Doubtless had I ventured up that far, the Dead Donkey would have  been closed too.

Only the Barrow Boy , and I suppose the Broadfield (not sure about the Picture House Social)  were open.

I'm sorry new venues, but in the run up to Christmas you have to be prepared to be open more hours to get the once a year custom, and alas have to pay staff (ugh I know its a nasty phrase!) to do so !!

Edited by GinTreeS7

On 17/12/2019 at 16:18, GinTreeS7 said:

Tried to link this to my other Post but this inflexible forum software doesn't seem to have the ability - so have to duplicate my post again from under the Teller thread...

•  

Fancied a quick tipple last night (Monday) on way to pick up a pizza. 

The Teller was closed.

The Gin Bar was closed.

The Two-Thirds Bar was closed.

Doubtless had I ventured up that far, the Dead Donkey would have  been closed too.

Only the Barrow Boy , and I suppose the Broadfield (not sure about the Picture House Social)  were open.

I'm sorry new venues, but in the run up to Christmas you have to be prepared to be open more hours to get the once a year custom, and alas have to pay staff (ugh I know its a nasty phrase!) to do so !!

Absolutely agree its one of my pet hates when pubs open and close randomly.If your customers do not know if you are open or not they will eventually go elsewhere.Full credit to the Sports shack at Woodseats its sticks to its opening times including Mondays even when its virtually empty.

Thats why the Barrow Boy will survive as everyone knows it sticks to its opening times.

Wanted to try this place on Friday tea time, turned up at 16.40 (opening time stated as 16.30) shutters still down and no sign of life, so went to Turners bottle shop for a couple of drinks and really enjoyed it, I will try the Two Thirds but arrive later than the stated opening time next time.

Guest makapaka
On 18/12/2019 at 19:58, Fudbeer said:

Absolutely agree its one of my pet hates when pubs open and close randomly.If your customers do not know if you are open or not they will eventually go elsewhere.Full credit to the Sports shack at Woodseats its sticks to its opening times including Mondays even when its virtually empty.

Totally agree.

ive no problem with a pub say not opening every Monday but opening rest of week - but when you turn up and it’s just randomly shut is not on.

There's enough platforms via social media for pubs (and other businesses) to make it quite clear when their opening times are.

Having said that with high business rates, rents and continued increases (above inflation) in the living / minimum wage I can understand a business monitoring its busiest and quietest times and opening / closing accordingly.