Has Anyone Had A Free Boiler Grant?

1 hour ago, MAK said:

Mr Fisk,

You may feel the person might have been pushy and you might be spot on.

But the scheme changes on 1st of January where smaller properties will have to make a contribution towards the cost, so in essence it could be working in your favour if you did wish to change your boiler now, of course your perfectly entitled to say thanks but no thanks.

Entitles means you meet all the criteria to get the grant, the extra work is necessary for example cavity wall insulation and underfloor insulation etc. because only then will company make enough money to carry out the work and make a profit.

The company should leave your house exactly as they found it if carrying out underfloor insulation.

Should you wish not to go ahead and want to change boiler next year, expect to make a contribution, it's just the way scheme works. Nobody is saying it's a perfect scheme but thousands of people have taken advantage that otherwise would have to make a sizeable investment to get a new boiler.

Hope that clarifies some things, happy to help if if further advice needed.

MAK- appreciate the feedback and info.

I have not given up entirely but like I stated, all seems very abrupt and I even questioned how I qualified.

In honesty I checked myself and one scheme said I do not qualify and the other was the opposite.

46 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

MAK- appreciate the feedback and info.

I have not given up entirely but like I stated, all seems very abrupt and I even questioned how I qualified.

hec

In honesty I checked t

myself and one scheme said I do not qualify and the other was the opposite.

Check your floors as they ask are they floor boards /  If built in the years may be 40 years more likely chip board 

There is also boiler firms doing very good deals on new boilers if you take them out over 10 years  . No service costs nothing  to pay up front . shop around 

Edited by spider1

Basically 3 things to qualify;

1) You are on one of the qualifying benefits, too many to list here but the list is extensive.

2) You are owner-occupier.

3) Your boiler is over 7 years old.

I haven't come across any chipboard properties over 25+ years, maybe there are.

Nothing beats FREE, nothing upfront means sting in the tail, interest charges, sometimes yearly service not included, guaranteed for a period then compulsory yearly service (should be done anyway) and not everybody can get credit and these are credit agreements. If someone doesn't qualify then you have little choice but to pay at some stage but why pay when you qualify and get it for free.

59 minutes ago, MAK said:

Basically 3 things to qualify;

1) You are on one of the qualifying benefits, too many to list here but the list is extensive.

2) You are owner-occupier.

3) Your boiler is over 7 years old.

I haven't come across any chipboard properties over 25+ years, maybe there are.

Nothing beats FREE, nothing upfront means sting in the tail, interest charges, sometimes yearly service not included, guaranteed for a period then compulsory yearly service (should be done anyway) and not everybody can get credit and these are credit agreements. If someone doesn't qualify then you have little choice but to pay at some stage but why pay when you qualify and get it for free.

Nothing is free and they have been putting chipboard floors in a longer than that . Dennis North started 35 years ago at kimberworth and i rent out a house in S13 with them in older that/

You cannot say  on what  boiler firms are offering until  you check them out  by some one in the trade . Check the floors not a hard job is it 

Thousands of extentions done all with chipboard floors as you should know

Edited by spider1

"When thousand have boiler installed without paying a penny it is called FREE".

Nobody saying you can't check anything out as you wish.

"I haven't come across any chipboard properties over 25+ years, maybe there are". 

Try reading that slowly and asking someone to explain to you.

Random Dennis North properties are not my concern, only properties we're working on are. 

6 minutes ago, MAK said:

"When thousand have boiler installed without paying a penny it is called FREE".

Nobody saying you can't check anything out as you wish.

"I haven't come across any chipboard properties over 25+ years, maybe there are". 

Try reading that slowly and asking someone to explain to you.

Random Dennis North properties are not my concern, only properties we're working on are. 

There are thousands of extentions in sheff with chipboard floors and you dont come across them are you a roofer 

Edited by spider1

FREE ?    Ha!  Ha!  Ha!

As with all these schemes,   there is always somebody in the background getting a lovely backhander.

11 minutes ago, francypants said:

FREE ?    Ha!  Ha!  Ha!

As with all these schemes,   there is always somebody in the background getting a lovely backhander.

12 minutes ago, francypants said:

FREE ?    Ha!  Ha!  Ha!

8 minutes ago, MAK said:

I'm afraid no backhanders, if only :-).

Installers get LTS rate on type of property, if they think it's worthwhile then they are in business or not, their choice.

I'm not on about installers ..........  it's further up the chain where the backhanders happen.

Nudge, nudge,  wink, wink.        🤝

I see you have a free boiler ad, does that  answer your pro bias much.

On 20/12/2019 at 13:51, lottiecass said:

I see you have a free boiler ad, does that  answer your pro bias much.

There is a link in my signature from start, we are all pro bias with our interests, services, teams etc.

As long as we don't give wrong advice, I don't think their is anything wrong with it.

Hi folks. information rquired.

We have a 10+ yr old conventional boiler, and are sourcing a new combi.  My regular plumber is coming to give us a quote.  Wife and I are over 65.

We may be eligible for a Government grant, but when I search on line all I get is a horder of intermediaries wanting to apply on my behalf, fit boiler, and sell me finance. They are not charities.

Is there a direct government application system?

Thanks

Hi Cyclecar.  If you own your own home,  claim tax credits,  any disability benefits,  pension credit guarantee, then you are indeed entitled.  I'm not going to do the hard sell, but if you would like me to give you a call please send me a private message :-)