Has Anyone Had A Free Boiler Grant?

Think you will find out its not as simple as that . They want you to spend about 5 thousand on  the property for you qualify be carefull /     This is not like a warm front scheme it expired and not replaced yet  .

Be wary of anyone banging on door gjveing things away

Or them to spend money to qualify on things like cavity insulation / under floor insulation . 

Wait untill gov puis a new scheme out 

Edited by spider1

There is nothing to spend unless a small property, in which case there is a contribution, which you are told beforehand.

Since when was having cavity wall insulation or under floor insulation a bad thing?

Spend 5 thousand? on what? Why would anybody ask to spend 5 thousand when cost of having new boiler is considerably less.

Have you any idea what its like putting under floor insulation in  What gives you the idea 

filling cavitys is a good thing . Have you talked to these people like me. 

I am a retired bricklayer builder built hundreds of houses they soon did a runner after 5 mins talking to me 

This is an insulation firm and are cold calling illegally 

A little but true story . I once had a knock on the door a man stood there said 

congradulations you have won a thousand pounds i said you keep it i dont 

want it yes he was a cold caller good salesman brilliant 

Edited by spider1

I have plenty idea what putting putting under floor insulation is like, I SEE it done on a daily basis unlike a 'brickie' expert. As regards cavity wall insulation, there is nothing to suggest it's a bad idea after a proper survey, it is installed in every new house and thousands have had it done retro-fit. The problem only arises in some houses because of built, location and material used. Sometimes people move on even after a couple of minutes as not to waste their time any further not because the other person is right. Remember you started with a boiler of five thousand pounds? By the way which law are you stating cold calling is illegal?

Cold calling .If you need to know anything else just ask .By the way i was also a a clerk of works for 8 years for basset law counciil  / Perhaps you can tell me how to survey a house that has been built  for 5 years plus  to make sure there is no mortar on tie irons  .Keep em coming you make me smile 

Edited by spider1

Cold calling. Asked you a simple question, which law says it's illegal.

Five thousand boiler, in your world only.

Under floor insulation, you've never done one.

Cavity wall insulation, gave you a complete rundown, how, when and why.

One  minute your a 'brickie', then your a building expert with the local council.

You use a borescope to inspect wall ties, I have two, rigid and flexible.

Hard for people like you admit, you have no idea what your talking about?

You keep shifting. Your smiling at your own stupidity, ego won't let you admit it.

Now you KNOW why people moved on from you within 5 minutes.

NO i dont know what i am talking about after 49 years in the building trade / letting houses you even made  the wife laugh magic . Look at some of my posts you may pick some clues up . You dont live in one of my propeties do you and having a laugh or ex labourer of my firm seems like it 

Edited by spider1

The bickering ends here. 
If you cant post in a civil manner, or dont have anything helpful to say regarding the OPs question then please dont post at all.

On 05/12/2019 at 18:29, sarah_12 said:

As title says,  I've had them knock on my door few days ago, they seemed legit but wondered if anyone has dealt with them before and if they do a good job? 

sarah_12

Hi  Sarah just had a rep from the energy company another one of the insulation companys advertising free boilers \  He came to one of my rented properties tenant on full benefits  D L A 

included . He came by appointment no bother. he said said yes you can qualify but //

You must have floor boards so they can take them up to get insulation in . [no need if you got enough space under joist to work ]  very few houses have this.  so thats all carpets up and underlay .   Need cavity insulation etc 

Gov is giving grants out to insulation companys to these companys to insulate old properties 

who need this work done and need a lot money spending on 

As this was a bungalow i own needing a boiler and had a bathroom obviously they had to take  bath toilet out etc i asked him if this was feasable he said no not realy.

There was no way they were just going to put a boiler in he said . 

As i said this is not like a warmfront scheme were you could just get a boiler. 

Hope this helps and if you need any more advice feel free to contact me as a lot of forum members do over the years  /  Cheers Spider 1

You could phone them as they are advertising here on the forum they will clarify i am sure 

My plumber tells me new regs coming in shortly regarding rads all got to have thermostatic controls putting cost up considerably

Edited by nikki-red

As it happens,  we had a boiler/ plumber guy around for a little job last week.

He then mentioned we might qualify for a free boiler, insulation etc. I didn't get too excited as I was a bit dubious.

Anyway, he took my details down including how old our boiler was (+ 10 years). Next few days this company calls saying 'we qualify'.  Everything seemed to be moving fast, the company even came to inspect having made a call to drop by. 

Then a phone call the next day suggesting start the work. I felt it was all too pushy and made me even more worried- sounded too good to be true.

Our boiler is old but works, so I'm not sure if I want to fix something that ain't broke- so I've put the brakes on with this guy, who still rings to try and get me to agree.

Tell them  as you qualify you  only want a new boiler and no more work done see how they re-act

Insulation company they start by well it wont cost you anything if we do you any thing  else soon have your floors up ..etc 

You only wanted a new boiler no chance but you can ask but they say oh no you dont qualify then 

Mr Fisk,

You may feel the person might have been pushy and you might be spot on.

But the scheme changes on 1st of January where smaller properties will have to make a contribution towards the cost, so in essence it could be working in your favour if you did wish to change your boiler now, of course your perfectly entitled to say thanks but no thanks.

Entitles means you meet all the criteria to get the grant, the extra work is necessary for example cavity wall insulation and underfloor insulation etc. because only then will company make enough money to carry out the work and make a profit.

The company should leave your house exactly as they found it if carrying out underfloor insulation.

Should you wish not to go ahead and want to change boiler next year, expect to make a contribution, it's just the way scheme works. Nobody is saying it's a perfect scheme but thousands of people have taken advantage that otherwise would have to make a sizeable investment to get a new boiler.

Hope that clarifies some things, happy to help if if further advice needed.

Edited by MAK