Christmas Light Display Locations

So on social media I'm seeing a lot of people asking where local Christmas Light displays are located and and around Sheffield & Rotherham. 

So I thought a thread where we can post them would be great. 

Rockingham Road, Swinton (Rotherham) - A display raising money for Bluebell Wood Hospice

Waverley Estate (near AMRC, various streets, after 12th)

Abbeydale Park Rise 

Severnside Estate, Woodhouse

If you can post a location and I will edit this to list them together. 

Edited by Resident

I went past the Children's Hospital last night and their lights were remarkable. The whole of the two facades lit up with stars and other bright things.

56 minutes ago, How Ark said:

Abbeydale Park Rise 

Seconded.

We have a nosey every year, it's very impressive how 90% of the road gets involved.

Been to have a look at the christmas  lights on Abbeydale Park Rise this evening and i think they are pretty amazing.  Well done to everyone, it looks lovely.

On 05/12/2019 at 10:30, max said:

I went past the Children's Hospital last night and their lights were remarkable. The whole of the two facades lit up with stars and other bright things.

They put on a good show every year - each star is sponsored by a local business.

I see them in a morning around 6am on my way to work and they really cheer me up.

Thank you for the kind words about the lovely Christmas lights on Abbeydale 
Park Rise. (I am a resident.) The lights are are looking fantastic this year, thanks to the efforts of many of the residents on the road, who are happy they make everyone feel Christmassy. 
This year the residents are collecting money for the Eden Dora Trust charity and the Sheffield Childrens Hospital, through UK Virgin Money Giving https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/APR2019

There are lots of visitors to the road, especially in early evening, and there can be quite a bit of traffic congestion. Please consider parking  and walking up and down the road - you get the best views that way anyway!

Happy Christmas. 

On 15/12/2019 at 22:34, AnnaGrant said:

Thank you for the kind words about the lovely Christmas lights on Abbeydale 
Park Rise. (I am a resident.) The lights are are looking fantastic this year, thanks to the efforts of many of the residents on the road, who are happy they make everyone feel Christmassy. 
This year the residents are collecting money for the Eden Dora Trust charity and the Sheffield Childrens Hospital, through UK Virgin Money Giving https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/APR2019

There are lots of visitors to the road, especially in early evening, and there can be quite a bit of traffic congestion. Please consider parking  and walking up and down the road - you get the best views that way anyway!

Happy Christmas. 

Hi Anna

Lovely to read your reply.  We always start our Christmas celebrations every year with a trip to your road.  It is stunning.

Thank you to you and your neighbours for sharing your wonderful Christmas spirit with so many people, and for good causes now too.  We love it that there's a nativity too.  We then turn right at the top of your road to see the house and garden also with phenomenal lights.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

Here's a live link to your fundraising page:

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-display/showROFundraiserPage?userUrl=APR2019&pageUrl=1

Edited by Lex Luthor

I do wish people wouldn't just stop on Ivy Park Road to gawp at all the lights on one of the houses. Every time I go past there's at least one car outside. Yes they're called Christmas lights.

Edited by Colin Foster

11 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

I do wish people wouldn't just stop on Ivy Park Road to gawp at all the lights on one of the houses. Every time I go past there's at least one car outside. Yes they're called Christmas lights.

Ooh, I didn't know about those. I'll have to pop up and have a look and tell all my friends too.

Thanks!