Loud Buzzing Noise Roxton Road/Strelly Avenue

Can anyone else hear the buzzing noise ? It could be that you are suffering from tinnitus ? It might be wise to visit your GP to get checked out. Just a thought .

Edited by Daven

It's not tinnitus. My boyfriend, housemate and my neighbour all hear the same noise too.

This is not a noise I've made up.

1 hour ago, tatybaby said:

It's not tinnitus. My boyfriend, housemate and my neighbour all hear the same noise too.

This is not a noise I've made up.

No one has suggested you made it up.

The noise is obviously real to you.

Tinnitus is real too - anyone who suffers from it will tell you.

Edited by Daven

2 hours ago, tatybaby said:

The buzzing noise has gotten louder....not the supermarket. Really is getting to the point I have to keep my tv on at night to sleep.

I ha e a video of the noise but cant upload on here for you to hear. Does anyone know if I can.or how I can complain about noise nuisance?

:huh: Think I would rather listen to the buzzing noise than the TV on at night.

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

:huh: Think I would rather listen to the buzzing noise than the TV on at night.

You've clearly nearly had tinnitus. Given the choice though, I would prefer low frequency to very high. I worked this problem out now.

(not that I'm saying OP has) but this stood out.

-

Environmental health will know less than your neighbours, when first called out. Sourcing it, will help.

so, for the OP, I would ask the neighbours, but not necessarily directly. This is a good time of year too. Send some Christmas cards to your street, and include in it, 'does anyone know where this noise is coming from' , signed, taty, at number xyz.

:)

17 hours ago, Daven said:

Can anyone else hear the buzzing noise ? It could be that you are suffering from tinnitus ? It might be wise to visit your GP to get checked out. Just a thought .

Can anyone else hear the buzzing noise exactly 

I personally would go up and listen if she wanted me to when its doing it if it helps sort it 

On certain nights, normally when it's wet, we can hear the electricity substation loudly on the other side of Bochum parkway through the bedroom window. In summer, worse as we have window open.

Edited by hardworker

Someone made a suggestion of big fans being used to grow cannabis in one of the houses. 

We have just recently been seeing some sort of deals going on in one house and passing over of things in car windows.  

20 hours ago, tatybaby said:

The buzzing noise has gotten louder....not the supermarket. Really is getting to the point I have to keep my tv on at night to sleep.

I ha e a video of the noise but cant upload on here for you to hear. Does anyone know if I can.or how I can complain about noise nuisance?

Until you locate the source there's not much to complain about.

You can get sound Db meter apps for phones, have you tried wondering around with that to see if it leads you to the source?