Feminist Academic Condemns Mr Men Joke As 'mansplaining'

Is it any wonder the younger generation are getting thought of as soft when you see articles such as the one below, some people can't see something for what it is, a simple joke.  Do these people do it just to see their name in the media, see something they don't like and take offence. Years ago something like this would be just laughed off but not now it's straight to social media and get it all over the Internet. They want a world where everything is politically correct.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/mr-men-at-centre-of-sexism-row-as-feminist-accuses-mr-clever-of-mansplaining/ar-BBXDTL9?ocid=spartanntp

Rightwing newsrag for snowflake boomers in getting desperate for things to moan about Shocker !

Didn't Boris use the term 'girly swat'.

53 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Do these people do it just to see their name in the media, see something they don't like and take offence.

Yes...because surely nobody is stupid enough to actually take the book seriously

52 minutes ago, ads36 said:

Rightwing newsrag for snowflake boomers in getting desperate for things to moan about Shocker !

I think the only moaning snowflake is the mentioned "academic" 😀

42 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Yes...because surely nobody is stupid enough to actually take the book seriously

Or the words of a PHD student.

Of course, there is the possibility that she's making a joke herself, by parodying radical feminist textual analysis.

I can't imagine that the Telegraph would spot something so subtle though. 😀

Edited by Pettytom

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

Is it any wonder the younger generation are getting thought of as soft when you see articles such as the one below, some people can't see something for what it is, a simple joke.  Do these people do it just to see their name in the media, see something they don't like and take offence. Years ago something like this would be just laughed off but not now it's straight to social media and get it all over the Internet. They want a world where everything is politically correct.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/mr-men-at-centre-of-sexism-row-as-feminist-accuses-mr-clever-of-mansplaining/ar-BBXDTL9?ocid=spartanntp

The younger generation getting soft? Oh, right. Perhaps they've been frightened by beards.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7749315/School-drops-ban-pupils-growing-beards-outcry-baffled-parents.html

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

I wonder what Mr. Judge's verdict was on his Litttle Ms. Judge's protest. Lol.

Guest makapaka
16 hours ago, iansheff said:

I don't think you know what politically correct even means. Of course people want a world where things are politically correct - and if you don't you should. 

What happens now is the right-wing media put stuff like this out there which probably causes minimal offence to the person raising the issue - but maximum offence to people who didn't  - like you.

Then people like you write about it - and other people like you get offended about it - and before you know it there's loads of people all really angry at everybody who shows any offence to anything - like casual sexism, racism etc. - calling them "snowflakes" etc.

It's dead easy to see through - next time  apply this logic and you'll feel better.

Edited by makapaka

38 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I don't think you know what politically correct even means. Of course people want a world where things are politically correct - and if you don't you should. 

What happens now is the right-wing media put stuff like this out there which probably causes minimal offence to the person raising the issue - but maximum offence to people who didn't  - like you.

Then people like you write about it - and other people like you get offended about it - and before you know it there's loads of people all really angry at everybody who shows any offence to anything - like casual sexism, racism etc. - calling them "snowflakes" etc.

It's dead easy to see through - next time  apply this logic and you'll feel better.

I think you have it wrong.

It's the girl who got offended first... and last! And I wouldn't even call it minimal offence based on her reactions 😀 I  don't think MSN news are offended by her. Nor OP is. I am definitely not offended by her, I'm not angry at her. We write about it here because we find her ridiculous, foolish and a bit comical. At least I am.

Edited by Branyy

15 minutes ago, Branyy said:

I think you have it wrong.

It's the girl who got offended first... and last! And I wouldn't even call it minimal offence based on her reactions 😀 I  don't think MSN news are offended by her. Nor OP is. I am definitely not offended by her, I'm not angry at her. We write about it here because we find her ridiculous, foolish and a bit comical. At least I am.

Well said!

The female academic must have had a very unusual educational life, if she's managed to get through it without some man explaining things to her? 

Why do I get the feeling that yesterday the academic, (can't see any of her details in the links as they need to be paid for!) was probably only know within a small circle but know she's a internet media sensation & no doubt be asked on to tv to explain he concerns? 

Another 15 minutes of fame seeker