Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Blades V Newcastle.

Recommended Posts

Grim match, we missed chances yet again but Newcastle's gameplan worked. 

 

**** happens, onto Norwich on Sunday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Arrogance from Wilder, you aren't in a position to rest your best players because the alternatives aren't good enough!

 

Edited by speedy69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2019 at 15:51, Baron99 said:

The way we've been playing in the last couple of games, I'll be disappointed if we don't come away from this game at least 

2 - 0 winners.

Got the result right, just the wrong Utd.  Bad night all round & disappointed in that the Blades seemed half paced compared with most of the season.  Once again, failed to take our chances. 

 

Now onto VAR.  What's the point of having the linesmen rule for offsides now?  With VAR you might as well take the power off them, allow play to continue until either the ball goes out, is saved by the keeper or it ends in a goal & then just check it with VAR. 

 

Reading comments from both Wilder & Bruce, apparently at some previous stage, managers have been told that in such situations, linesmen have been instructed to keep their flags down & let play continue & that VAR could be used to decide an outcome after the event.  Clearly there was an error then from the linesman tonight resulting in Henderson not even attempting to save the ball from Shelvey. 

 

Even Shelvey himself looked as though he was just going through the motions when he was 'jogging' towards the Blades goal. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Got the result right, just the wrong Utd.  Bad night all round & disappointed in that the Blades seemed half paced compared with most of the season.  Once again, failed to take our chances. 

 

Now onto VAR.  What's the point of having the linesmen rule for offsides now?  With VAR you might as well take the power off them, allow play to continue until either the ball goes out, is saved by the keeper or it ends in a goal & then just check it with VAR. 

Or tell players what coaches of under12s tell the kids... play to the whistle  (not the assistant's flag.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, speedy69 said:

 

Arrogance from Wilder, you aren't in a position to rest your best players because the alternatives aren't good enough!

 

Totally agree with you. No one was very exited when the teamsheet was announced and CW explaining changes to come during the afternoon was very surprising and to me was part of the defeat

The Magpies came for a fight and didn't really get one tonight

Onwards and upwards and see what the Canaries can do to us

UTB

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost laughable it was so bizarre last night. Started the match nonchalantly, stroking the ball around as if it was a tedious chore having to play against a team from the lower orders. Big mistake. Caught cold.

A few players off their normal game, Norwood, Lunny, Fleck, Bash.

 

Stats were interesting, 73% possession, 10 shots to their 2 ( both goals) 😂 

 

Games like this happen. Their s*******ing , sorry « game management » was annoying though, anti-football even.

 

Pressure on for Naarich match I’m afraid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, speedy69 said:

 

Arrogance from Wilder, you aren't in a position to rest your best players because the alternatives aren't good enough!

 

No, sorry, you can't post in a Blades related thread for this means that you are obsessed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading a piece in today's 'i' newspaper interviewing Andy Carroll. 

 

According to Carroll before the match the ref has said, "If the flag goes up, continue playing & that's exactly what Jonjo (Shelve) did."

 

Did anyone at the Lane ask or was told, it doesn't say. 

 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Just reading a piece in today's 'i' newspaper interviewing Andy Carroll. 

 

According to Carroll before the match the ref has said, "If the flag goes up, continue playing & that's exactly what Jonjo (Shelve) did."

 

Did anyone at the Lane ask or was told, it doesn't say. 

 

I've heard some blades fans saying shelvey was cheating/unsporting for playing on, what do they expect him to do. I'd expect any player to do the same.

He can run on and score, worst case it's disallowed.

If he'd stopped and found out he was onside and Newcastle lost or drew they cant get that chance back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I've heard some blades fans saying shelvey was cheating/unsporting for playing on, what do they expect him to do. I'd expect any player to do the same.

He can run on and score, worst case it's disallowed.

If he'd stopped and found out he was onside and Newcastle lost or drew they cant get that chance back

So why didn't the Newcastle players all not continue running up the field knowing that if Henderson stops it/saves it, but the ball stays in. They could have been 4 on 1. (also, why did the player look to the linesman when running up to goal? what's the point if he was told to ignore it?)

 

The linesmans should just not bother flagging at all. It serves no purpose based on this, and other decisions.

 

Either way, VAR has made this season all round, a bleedin joke. I even skip through most of match of the day now. It's no longer watching 2 teams playing football (which is what I want to watch), it's just a bizarre decision that decides who wins.

 

 

Edited by *_ash_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

So why didn't the Newcastle players all not continue running up the field knowing that if Henderson stops it/saves it, but the ball stays in. They could have been 4 on 1. (also, why did the player look to the linesman when running up to goal? what's the point if he was told to ignore it?)

 

The linesmans should just not bother flagging at all. It serves no purpose based on this, and other decisions.

 

Either way, VAR has made this season all round, a bleedin joke. I even skip through most of match of the day now. It's no longer watching 2 teams playing football (which is what I want to watch), it's just a bizarre decision that decides who wins.

 

 

I'm no fan of VAR so far but for that goal it served its purpose, no VAR and it would wrongly been disallowed. It needs work, alot of work. You mention the Newcastle players not playing on, well that would of been their fault if he had missed and no one was there to put it in.

Not sure what the enswer is tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I'm no fan of VAR so far but for that goal it served its purpose, no VAR and it would wrongly been disallowed. It needs work, alot of work. You mention the Newcastle players not playing on, well that would of been their fault if he had missed and no one was there to put it in.

Not sure what the enswer is tbh

I'm pretty sure weds forums, are saying play to the whistle, and laughing at this... but if this happened at Hillsbro, you would have the same debate. Same with Spurs game. I play snooker in the week with 3 Owls, and they all said same. Ruining the game. Whether it's right or not, isn't the point. It's completely changed the game, and ruined it for fans. I used to go to football to get away from the world for a few hours. Now it's ruined the game. (though not this entirely, but been on a slope for years)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.