Thank You Indus What A Great Night

We have been going to the Indus on attercliffe road now for going on 30 years and never had a bad meal which is testament to the staff and chefs so it was a great privilege to be asked to join them on a taste night.

May i say it was a cracking night with over 100 guests there all regulars and it was a refreshing change to be spoiled rotten with great new dishes which are now being introduced to the old menu and genuine warm hospitality, i honestly think there is a lesson to be learned here "if you look after your guests they will look after you" so once again thank you for a great night p.s the slow cooked mustard lamb was my personal favorite.

Thanks for bringing this place to our attention.  I've driven past many times but never been in.  It's not an area of the city I'm very fond of tbh although that wouldn't put me off if the food is as good as you say.  After all, I've been to Mangala and that's not exactly a nice area either.

I had a look at their website and see that they do a buffet on weekday evenings 5-8pm.  That may be a good place for me to start.  A chance to sample a number of dishes and see what level of cooking they are at.

The thing that sets a good Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani restaurant apart for me is the quality of the meat used and the spices.   You can tell, at least, I can tell, if the spices used have been freshly prepared, i.e. freshly ground, or come out of a packet.  This makes a huge difference to the flavours.  It doesn't necessarily mean the food is "hotter", but it is "spicier".  In other words, it has really sharp, zesty, flavours to it.  There aren't many restaurants that I can think of around these parts where that is the case.  So I do find a lot of them rather bland and too Westernised for my tastes.  When I was younger I used to work with a lot of Indian/Pakistani professional clients and do a lot of entertaining, but also have had many meals at their homes.  So my tastes tend to be more for the kind of food that they would eat at home - than your universal curry sauce with bits of meat in it.

I will give it a go anyhow.  Thanks for the suggestion. 👍

The staff are really accommodating if you ask for your dish apna style you cant go wrong, i look forward to your comments once you have tried it.

Also try the other restaurant on London road that is associated with them Café Indus, the food is constantly top quality with quite a good range of specials they will happily cook dishes that are not on the menu if asked and the staff are always cheerful and knowledgeable, its bring your own beer/wine as well.