A Forgotten Victim Of A 'terror Attack'

Sherbini, a pharmacist who was four months' pregnant and wore the Islamic head scarf, was involved in a court case against her neighbour after he called her a terrorist. She was due to testify when he stabbed her 18 times inside the courtroom in front of her three-year-old son.

The woman's husband was critically wounded in the attack, after he tried to intervene and was stabbed by the attacker and accidentally shot by court security.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2009/jul/07/muslim-woman-shot-germany-court

So the reason I bring this up now is because of how the London Bridge murders are being reported.

I chose the Dresden example because it took place in a courtroom, of all places. Furthermore the security shot her husband who was trying to defend her, rather than the terrorist. However, it seems that the attacker was not a terrorist, in fact I haven't come across a single anti Muslim hate crime being reported as terrorism in the mainstream media. This is only one of many attacks on Muslim women motivated by an evil ideology. Just type "Muslim woman attacked" into google, you will find case after case. So why aren't these attacks being reported as "terror attacks". Your thoughts? 

I'd never heard of this incident.  It is truly horrific and abominable.  I trust if it had happened in the UK then it would have featured widely in UK news programmes.  

I'm not sure I can answer your question.  I certainly think that the UK media are more hesitant to describe breaking incidents as acts of terrorism, until they have a greater picture of the facts.  I'm not sure whether that is due to government directives or not.

Certainly, we hear reports of terrorism coming from right-wing persons/groups, like the terrible events in New Zealand, so I don't think anyone is any doubt that attacks on Muslims and mosques happen, and are called out as acts of terrorism.

The example you cite poses lots of questions.  I don't know what constitutes an act of terrorism, in legal terms.  I see daily reports on the news from around the world, that I personally view as acts of terror, but are not described in terms of 'terrorism'.

10 hours ago, Bounce said:

Sherbini, a pharmacist who was four months' pregnant and wore the Islamic head scarf, was involved in a court case against her neighbour after he called her a terrorist. She was due to testify when he stabbed her 18 times inside the courtroom in front of her three-year-old son.

The woman's husband was critically wounded in the attack, after he tried to intervene and was stabbed by the attacker and accidentally shot by court security.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2009/jul/07/muslim-woman-shot-germany-court

So the reason I bring this up now is because of how the London Bridge murders are being reported.

I chose the Dresden example because it took place in a courtroom, of all places. Furthermore the security shot her husband who was trying to defend her, rather than the terrorist. However, it seems that the attacker was not a terrorist, in fact I haven't come across a single anti Muslim hate crime being reported as terrorism in the mainstream media. This is only one of many attacks on Muslim women motivated by an evil ideology. Just type "Muslim woman attacked" into google, you will find case after case. So why aren't these attacks being reported as "terror attacks". Your thoughts? 

Referrals to Prevent strategy in UK have a high proportion of extrême right groups and individuals. Probably the same people who label Corbyn a " terrorist sympathiser" 

Quite Orwellian at the moment

I did hear something about it on radio four, didnt catch it all. They are also not giving as much media attention to the other 280 deaths per year due to knives, a rise of over 20%

19 hours ago, Bounce said:

So why aren't these attacks being reported as "terror attacks". Your thoughts? 

We like to put our enemies into easily defined boxes. 

‘Muslim as victim’ upsets the narrative.

19 hours ago, Bounce said:

In the UK, terrorism is defined as the use or threat of action which is designed to influence the government or intimidate the public or a section of the public, and is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.

5 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

World would be a better place if everyone got on... Religion root of all Evil 

I agree 100%. 

Angel1.

14 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Wrong; it's money.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Wrong; it's money.

Wrong;  It's  For the love of money is the root of all evil.....     Timothy 6:10

21 hours ago, Bounce said:

I haven't come across a single anti Muslim hate crime being reported as terrorism in the mainstream media. 

I remember one case that was reported as a terrorist act. The  'lone wolf' bloke who drove his van in to a group of Muslims.  I think one of the elderly men in the group was killed. The Imam  amongst them stopped the others from lynching the van driver, which was honourable under the circumstances.

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

No it wouldn't.

It's been said before, humans by nature will always find something to fight and kill over.

Also Fascism and Communism, which were atheist ideologies, killed over 150m people in the 20th century.

On 02/12/2019 at 22:59, Bounce said:

Why would you expect something that happened in Germany over 10 years ago to be widely known in the UK?

I note you've referred to this case several times over the years - although you've made far more posts saying the 7/7 Tube Bombings  were some sort of conspiracy theory against Muslims.

Just wondering where we are going with this - thought I'd cut to the chase.

Edited by Longcol