Mystery Grave Flowers At Abbey Lane Cemetery

Help!  Wife and I are the only people to tend our family grave in Abby Lane. Although both born and raised in Sheffield we now live in Hinckley and only get to tend it five or six times a year. 

However we got up on Sunday the first I'd December with flowers etc. To find a bunch of red roses there which only looked about a week old. The grave holds my grandma Betsy Ann Died 1935

my grandad Joseph died about 1962 and my uncle Douglas killed in about 1940 a war casualty. They were Whitham Sandersons. Also my parents ashes Jack and Elsie Downing 

can anbody please throw light on where the flowers came from. I think I am the last of this line so would appreciate any info on this one 🙏

Sometimes you get people who will stick flowers on graves that they think there is no one left to tend them. Maybe your grandma’s grave is one of them.

similar thing for me at Shiregreen Cemetary, my grandfather(not by blood) John Francis Clarkburn, who left us in 1960,s, was left a  card by someone  unknown to me sa ying "sleep well my lovely". I was very close to him as a child and cannot think who this could be.

Could you leave a note there in case they come back again maybe?

They could be from someone researching family history ( distant relative ) and may have visited the grave to find and find out more information on the family ?