Blades V Wolves

Come on all you Blades, your thoughts on this afternoons game !

Maybe it's on TV later and nobody wants to be a spoiler? I got a telling off from Padders once for giving a score away. LOL

Edited by Ontarian1981

I can give you my thoughts after the event.

My thoughts before the event were that we, the Blades, would lose.

After the event I'm disappointed we didn't win.  I thought we were well below par today and didn't move the ball well.  But we were still deserving of a point.  So I have to be happy with that.

Should have been a few goals up before Wolves equalized, some really poor finishing from us. 

After they did, they were well on top. 

Fair result overall. One thing's for sure, we're a very good side and we've not looked out of place in any game so far, outfootballing many of the sides we've played. 

Great time to be a Blade! 

I only listened on radio while at work. No chance of tickets home or away this season.

I definitely would have taken a point pre-game. I thought this could be one of our toughest tests so far, and didn't sound easy game. The lads seemed to work hard second half to keep it at 1-1. Nervous freekick moment at the end I recall.

Happy with this point.

14 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Maybe it's on TV later and nobody wants to be a spoiler? I got a telling off from Padders once for giving a score away. LOL

I,ve stopped reading this section on Sundays Mr T.  always watch footie on Sunday night not knowing results...

Remember working when Owls played Man Utd in league cup final, wife recorded it for me.. had to get through the day without hearing the result, and I managed it..

Back to game, another great result for the Blades, getting a bit boring now not losing.. think its another Sunday game next week.

Another decent result but Wolves have drawn quite a few home games. We need to start winning.  Burnley have lost a few recently but having won a couple also,   are on our shirt tails.

Only seen highlights but by all accounts McBoozy and Robinson did well when they came on.

Squad is vital given that we have a few on 4 yellow cards. Been lucky with injuries. I'd like to see Luke Freeman get more game time. Easy to understand Wilders reluctançe to change a successful format.  Deano still at his brilliant best.

22 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I only listened on radio while at work. No chance of tickets home or away this season.

I definitely would have taken a point pre-game. I thought this could be one of our toughest tests so far, and didn't sound easy game. The lads seemed to work hard second half to keep it at 1-1. Nervous freekick moment at the end I recall.

Happy with this point.

I listened to Radio Sheffield as well & like you would have taken a point a few weeks ago.  Sounded an entertaining game but just like against Man U, the chances being created aren't turning into goals every time. 

Desperate for McGoldrick to get a goal, (probably not as desperate as him though), as he's putting a full shift in every game.  Hopefully he can get a couple against Newcastle on Thursday night? 

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I listened to Radio Sheffield as well & like you would have taken a point a few weeks ago.  Sounded an entertaining game but just like against Man U, the chances being created aren't turning into goals every time. 

Desperate for McGoldrick to get a goal, (probably not as desperate as him though), as he's putting a full shift in every game.  Hopefully he can get a couple against Newcastle on Thursday night? 

I watched highlights after, and just like when I'm at match, commentators say things like 'should have scored'

but watching them with replays, I think sometimes a bit harsh initially.

Wolves looked far more organised than most I seen this season, so I pleased this one out the way with a point.

Interesting month this coming up... I thought so when fixture list came out.

Although we doing well, I'm never complacent. A good December will be good now, or if poor, might come back to haunt us if we have injuries and missed players in the last part of the season.

According to Look North, the point against Wolves means that the Blades, remain on an unbeaten run & now have the best record of any promoted side and still only lost once away from home in 2019.

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

According to Look North, the point against Wolves means that the Blades, remain on an unbeaten run & now have the best record of any promoted side and still only lost once away from home in 2019.

Best record of any promoted side. Wow, what's not to like. How long is it since we lost by more than one goal ? At a guess I'd say Boro away, early August 2018 ?

15 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Sorry to be a Statto, but Reading season 2006-2007 had 22 points after 14 games. That aside we're doing very well 

Manchester City season 2001-2002 had 24 points after 14 games

Edited by Ridgewalk