Amazon Uk, And Others Returns Policy For Monitors

tx, but when I tried Matt, the depth wasn't there, and colours were a bit dull, that was five years ago, i have the acer S236HL, and its been great.

No problems, after all it's about what you like and perceive.... ;)

From experience.. Going from a 22" 60Hz to a 27" 75Hz at 1080p was a big difference, both were IPS matt. Going from that 27" to 32" curved 60-144Hz 1440p VA matt was a vast difference, with crisper visuals and better colours in games. A 1440p seems to be the sweet spot resolution wise and also slightly future proof if you later decide to upgrade the graphics card as you do need a good card to run it at decent frame rates.

I have 2x970 SLI which works for most, but not for assassins creed origins/oddysey, can't afford upgrades at moment

someone just informed me that Amazon will take monitors back

Edited by gamezone07

2 hours ago, gamezone07 said:

I have 2x970 SLI which works for most, but not for assassins creed origins/oddysey, can't afford upgrades at moment

someone just informed me that Amazon will take monitors back

Amazon are good on that, as said I have returned 2 and always received a full refund and they even collected them. Not sure if being a Prime member makes a difference though.

Have you thought about doing it differently? What I mean is to keep your current monitor, pay a bit extra and first upgrade the graphics card to something like a GTX 1660 which you can get for around £180? Have a look at the charts here to see how well it will perform with Assassins Creed at 1080p.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-review/

That way you could then save up and upgrade the monitor later.

is a 1660 better than 970sli, its only a couple of games i struggle with

54 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

is a 1660 better than 970sli, its only a couple of games i struggle with

a 1660 is WAY better... SLI will only work in a handful of games too, many are stopping support and such, and unless a game specifically supports it, it's useless.. (Yes, I know there's NV Profiler etc, to 'hack' support, but it's just that, a hack and never works perfectly)

As above and also to add that it will also take less power and run cooler. If you are already using 2x970 in sli then you probably will have an 800W psu to power them, I think the power requirements for a  single 1660 is only around 120W. If you have read of that link you will find that on Assassins Creed Odyssey a 1660 will give around 60-80fps at 1080p on medium settings and 37-46fps on ultra! You will also be getting a bit of future proofing for newer games.

Edited by apelike

You might not be a mile off with the sale of 2 GTX970's and putting the money towards a 1660/Ti upwards.

I ran 970 SLI for a while and it's a decent set up but as you're finding, the age of the cards starts to show on newer and more demanding games.

I agree with the above and would upgrade the GPU first. When funds allow, get the new monitor.

I'd give the link you posted to the 1080Ti a miss. They say first impressions count. My first impression is, it's a cheap copy of a very good GPU. There are plenty of videos online for the Chinese igame GPUs. Have a look and see what you think. It might be just me being a bit of a snob and going for the well known (more expensive) brands 😉

Been offered a 1070 ftw, about 1 yr old, for 175, but have thought about the 1660TI

also Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD for only 250! hardly used.

One thing to consider with the 1070 is its physical size at 267 mm compared to the 1660ti at 229 mm. I ran a 1070 for a while and it performed very well at very high and even ultra on many games and that was on a 1440p monitor. £175 seems a good price as well compared to a newer 1660ti. BTW the newer 1660ti Super is now cheaper than the  standard 1660ti.

This may be of interest as far as benchmarked performance is concerned:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/4037vs3609

On 05/12/2019 at 16:54, apelike said:

One thing to consider with the 1070 is its physical size at 267 mm compared to the 1660ti at 229 mm. I ran a 1070 for a while and it performed very well at very high and even ultra on many games and that was on a 1440p monitor. £175 seems a good price as well compared to a newer 1660ti. BTW the newer 1660ti Super is now cheaper than the  standard 1660ti.

This may be of interest as far as benchmarked performance is concerned:

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/4037vs3609

Picking the right card at the right price that will do everything you want...can do your nut in 😂

Pick out of this video what you want but wouldn't the RTX be the better buy?