London Terror Attack 29/11/2019

56 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

thats also what i read, but he doesnt seem to act like a policeman, but even if he was a policeman, what was he throwing away?

membership card to the attackers group? 9/11 passport? who knows

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

If they had done it to Usman Khan in 2012, it would have saved 2 innocent lives.

Yes and as shown by tinfoihat at post #46 if they had done it with James Ford he would not have been there to assist in trying to stop and ground the attacker.

See. Nothing is black and white.

You don't throw out the whole system just because of one single incident to do so is a hysterical overreaction.  

13 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

The same applies to right wing terrorists.

Islamists ARE right wing terrorists.

5 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Another alternative thought would be to look at seeking out the root cause of what converts these people into considering such extreme acts in the first place.

Whenever these tragedies occur the reactionary pitchfork brigade always start demanding they should lock them up and throw away the key.  The reality is that does not solve the problem.

America have a death penalty for god's sake.  One could say it's the ultimate preventative measure for reoffending.  However we all know in reality that does sod all to stop the constant violent crimes, shootings and terrorism happening in the country.

It's just too simplistic.

The response from the father is a very noble given the circumstances but in my opinion it is the right position to take.  It's balanced and gives consideration to the wider picture. 

Times are turbulent enough without knee-jerk reactionary decisions primarilly fuelled by the hysterics and certain types of media.

It would definitely  have stopped this muppet doing what he did on friday .

26 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

But, it wouldn’t have stopped another muppet doing something similar. Ecco is correct, we need to look at why these people do these things. The answers might not be terribly comfortable 

16 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Yeah, give me the "knee jerk," reaction of the guys who nailed the *******, any day of the week.

I honestly get sick of folks telling us that these guys can be reasoned with and making excuses for their behaviour. Eliminate them or lock them up for the rest of their lives is all they deserve.

How many apologists on here have actually given the passers by ,who stopped the guy, any credit for the courage they showed in real time. Too busy blaming society and the poor sod's rights, no doubt.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

But, it wouldn’t have stopped another muppet doing something similar. Ecco is correct, we need to look at why these people do these things. The answers might not be terribly comfortable 

Oh my god, you guys really are something. Maybe we should have sat back and wondered why Hitler did what he did instead of challenging him eh?

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Oh my god, you guys really are something. Maybe we should have sat back and wondered why Hitler did what he did instead of challenging him eh?

Whilst I’m dusting down my copy of Godwin’s Law, why don’t you tell me what’s wrong with thinking deeply about a problem.

Challenging the Nazis didn’t get rid of them, or their vile ideology. And it isn’t 1939 any more.

29 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

How many apologists on here

A bizarre thing to say on a thread where not a single poster has been an apologist for what happened yesterday.

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Dear me, read my post FULLY before posting inane comments if you please, thank you.

""""""     As the terrorist was wearing a suicide belt, real or false, his death was the only action they could take.  """""""   Why should they be suspended waiting for an investigation when the situation they were involved in speaks for itself. Unless you think our Police strapped a suicide belt on the terrorist before they shot him.

Angel1.

The police apparantly thought some guy called De menezes was wearing a belt as well and they shot him for it.....

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Yeah, give me the "knee jerk," reaction of the guys who nailed the *******, any day of the week.

I honestly get sick of folks telling us that these guys can be reasoned with and making excuses for their behaviour. Eliminate them or lock them up for the rest of their lives is all they deserve.

How many apologists on here have actually given the passers by ,who stopped the guy, any credit for the courage they showed in real time. Too busy blaming society and the poor sod's rights, no doubt.

One of whom was a ex prisoner out early for day release who was previously convicted of murder.

DO YOU GET THE POINT NOW. 

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Might have avoided the deaths of est 70-80 million people if we did. 

Now stop behaving like a child and changing the subject when you run out of coherent argument.   Back on topic with you. 

You have been asked at least twice now what your solution to the problem would be.  Its obvious that you totally disagree with rehabilitation for such offences.   It is also blindingly obvious that locking up and leaving people to rot is simply not realistic in view of the already overpopulation, conflicts with human rights laws and a reported £63k per year price tag for each incarceration.    So I ask again, what would your solution be?

Edited by ECCOnoob