London Terror Attack 29/11/2019

Rip to the two innocents murdered, condolences to their family's.  Terrorist shot dead, the right result.  Another one who will never threaten the public again.  Hope the Police who did the act are back on duty, not sat waiting for some kind of investigation into their actions.  As the terrorist was wearing a suicide belt, real or false, his death was the only action they could take.  Well done to the guys in blue, it must be difficult to shoot a human to death at such close range, when you can see the whites of their eyes so to speak.

Angel1.

12 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Hope the Police who did the act are back on duty, not sat waiting for some kind of investigation into their actions. 

Are you seriously suggesting that an incident where a member of the public is shot dead should not be investigated? 😵

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are you seriously suggesting that an incident where a member of the public is shot dead should not be investigated? 😵

Dear me, read my post FULLY before posting inane comments if you please, thank you.

""""""     As the terrorist was wearing a suicide belt, real or false, his death was the only action they could take.  """""""   Why should they be suspended waiting for an investigation when the situation they were involved in speaks for itself. Unless you think our Police strapped a suicide belt on the terrorist before they shot him.

Angel1.

38 minutes ago, kidneystone said:

I wonder what the guy who picked up the knife throw away?

thats odd, why would you be bothered about throwing something away when your life was potentially in danger?

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Why should they be suspended waiting for an investigation when the situation they were involved in speaks for itself.

Speaks for itself?

They said that about Hillsborough, they said that about the Birmingham Six, they said that Jean Charles de Menezes and Harry Stanley.

What makes us different from the US, Iraq, China, North Korea, Russia and the Philippines is that we have an accountable police force. The kind of reactionary, knee-jerk reaction you and others are showing to acts like this is precisely what our enemies want.

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who’s going to pay for it? People convicted of violent crime aren’t always jailed because there currently aren’t enough prison places and removing the right to remission would add tens of thousands to the prison population. Prison discipline, already poor, would get much worse as the threat of losing remission is currently the most effective tool the prison service has in maintaining order.

England and Wales already have the highest prison populations in Europe and you are suggesting we increase it even further because of the actions of one head the ball with a knife and a fake bomb vest?

Let me do a quick and rough calculation:

Mean age of convicted is 41 years (estimated). Expected lifespan is 79 years, that means we have to provide 1520 years of annual prisoner's subsistence. Annual cost of prisoner was £37,543 in England and Wales (source: https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/how-much-costs-keep-prisoner-2155732 ). That makes around 57 millions pounds of total costs. There are 31 millions tax payers in UK (source: https://economia.icaew.com/news/august-2019/uk-increasingly-reliant-on-super-rich-for-tax-income ). It will cost us less than £2 extra per taxpayer to keep all the (currently) convinced terrorists jailed for life. I'd happy with that. Yes, we should increase the prison population of terrorists. Even if it's "just" someone with a knife and fake bomb vest (who actually killed 2 people!).
Edited by Branyy

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

However we all know in reality that does sod all to stop the constant violent crimes, shootings and terrorism happening in the country.

If they had done it to Usman Khan in 2012, it would have saved 2 innocent lives.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Speaks for itself?

They said that about Hillsborough, they said that about the Birmingham Six, they said that Jean Charles de Menezes and Harry Stanley.

What makes us different from the US, Iraq, China, North Korea, Russia and the Philippines is that we have an accountable police force. The kind of reactionary, knee-jerk reaction you and others are showing to acts like this is precisely what our enemies want.

You really are obtuse.

I am not referring to any other case in my post, that is obvious to any one with a modicum of common sense.

Angel1.

29 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

thats odd, why would you be bothered about throwing something away when your life was potentially in danger?

Word is he’s a plain clothes police. 

22 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

You really are obtuse.

I am not referring to any other case in my post, that is obvious to any one with a modicum of common sense.

Angel1.

It makes absolutely no difference whether you are referring to one case or a million cases. Once you start going down the ‘Oh well it’s obvious what happened here’ route, you undermine the rule of law.

Do we also start locking people up because ‘everyone knows that they are guilty’?

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Word is he’s a plain clothes police. 

thats also what i read, but he doesnt seem to act like a policeman, but even if he was a policeman, what was he throwing away?

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

thats also what i read, but he doesnt seem to act like a policeman, but even if he was a policeman, what was he throwing away?

A bag of sniff? 😵