London Terror Attack 29/11/2019

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Father of one of the victims again states DO NOT use my sons death for your ignorance, hatred and divisive right wing propaganda

Which strangely has been completely ignored by the BBC News at One.

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Which strangely has been completely ignored by the BBC News at One.

Is it that strange though? 

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is it that strange though? 

My use of the word strangely was strictly ironic. 😉

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

Father of one of the victims again states DO NOT use my sons death for your ignorance, hatred and divisive right wing propaganda

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/media/dont-use-my-sons-death-for-vile-propaganda-london-bridge-victims-dad-warns-right-wing-press/02/12/

also in the same article, it has the following

I just heard the statement of the victim's Dad, and it's very moving. 

The 2 young people killed sound like exemplary  people.

RIP

19 hours ago, Obelix said:

I'll ask the point again since you wont give the courtesy of answering it...  Do you know that for certain? I think it's incumbent on a civilised society to try and rehabilitate all people regardless of how hopeless it may be.

You cannot rehabilitate the unrehabilitatable.  These types of fanatics are so indoctrinated there is only one way of stopping them. Your way has been tried and it's failed, and it has resulted in two innocent deaths, my way and they would still be alive. Open your eyes and see what is happening in our society.

Angel1.

6 hours ago, melthebell said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/media/dont-use-my-sons-death-for-vile-propaganda-london-bridge-victims-dad-warns-right-wing-press/02/12/

In the article I read it says " Mr Merritt's father David, an estates manager at a sixth form college and Labour activist," so maybe this and his grief have clouded his judgment somewhat. I cannot come to terms with the pain he must be in at this time.

Angel1.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Mr Merritt's father David, an estates manager at a sixth form college and Labour activist," 

So what?

Most people I know are not Labour activists but the majority of them are disgusted at the way the Tories have attempted to make political capital out of this young man’s death.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

In the article I read it says " Mr Merritt's father David, an estates manager at a sixth form college and Labour activist," so maybe this and his grief have clouded his judgment somewhat. I cannot come to terms with the pain he must be in at this time.

Angel1.

Do you think his judgement is clouded because he has a different point of view to yourself?

That’s a pretty arrogant position to take.

45 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So what?

Most people I know are not Labour activists but the majority of them are disgusted at the way the Tories have attempted to make political capital out of this young man’s death.

I don't think the Tories are the only ones who have tried to make capital gain out of the young mans death, the media have sought opinion from every party in the election build up, most have pointed the finger at the Tories from what I have seen, nor have I seen any hateful propaganda in the so called right wing media, it's quite telling that many people on the 'self righteous' left feel the need to demonise anyone with even a morsel of right wing opinion when these incidents occur, but would also be on here like a virus lashing out left right and centre had it been some right wing crank terrorist atrocity .... you would probably be on here now ranting about the rhetoric of any well known right wing commentator or media outlet causing it all !

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

I don't think the Tories are the only ones who have tried to make capital gain out of the young mans death,

Maybe you could enlighten us about which other parties have tried to make capital out of it.

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Maybe you could enlighten us about which other parties have tried to make capital out of it.

Labour for a start.  They jumped all over it no sooner had happened and started the finger pointing at the Tories for their cuts to services.

18 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Do you think his judgement is clouded because he has a different point of view to yourself?

That’s a pretty arrogant position to take.

Petty arrogant on your part to tell me what I am thinking.

Angel1.