London Terror Attack 29/11/2019

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Whilst I’m dusting down my copy of Godwin’s Law, why don’t you tell me what’s wrong with thinking deeply about a problem.

Challenging the Nazis didn’t get rid of them, or their vile ideology. And it isn’t 1939 any more.

Never mind who Godwin is or was or what his bloody law was, continue to think deeply and just be careful with the ones who don't think as deeply as you do, because. believe me, they won't give a **** about you or your textbook phrases when they have a weapon in their hand and are about to attack you.

3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Might have avoided the deaths of est 70-80 million people if we did. 

Now stop behaving like a child and changing the subject when you run out of coherent argument.   Back on topic with you. 

You have been asked at least twice now what your solution to the problem would be.  Its obvious that you totally disagree with rehabilitation for such offences.   It is also blindingly obvious that locking up and leaving people to rot is simply not realistic in view of the already overpopulation, conflicts with human rights laws and a reported £63k per year price tag for each incarceration.    So I ask again, what would your solution be?

With your level of naievity, it is you that thinks like a child, not me. The solution is a separate law for terrorists, like other countries, how hard is that to understand?

5 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Might have avoided the deaths of est 70-80 million people if we did. 

Now stop behaving like a child and changing the subject when you run out of coherent argument.   Back on topic with you. 

You have been asked at least twice now what your solution to the problem would be.  Its obvious that you totally disagree with rehabilitation for such offences.   It is also blindingly obvious that locking up and leaving people to rot is simply not realistic in view of the already overpopulation, conflicts with human rights laws and a reported £63k per year price tag for each incarceration.    So I ask again, what would your solution be?

As I've shown in my previous post, locking up terrorists for life is not unrealistic, it's financially affordable and certainly doesn't violate human rights. 

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Islamists ARE right wing terrorists.

That is not how they are defined.

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Never mind who Godwin is or was or what his bloody law was, continue to think deeply and just be careful with the ones who don't think as deeply as you do, because. believe me, they won't give a **** about you or your textbook phrases when they have a weapon in their hand and are about to attack you.

You can google Godwin’s Law yourself, once you’ve regained a bit of coherence.

I’ve no problem with locking terrorists up for life/ very long periods of time. That won’t achieve much though, unless we look carefully at what caused them to become  terrorists in the first place

I’m not expecting you to understand that, but I’m heartened that there seem to be plenty that do.

The personal comments and bickering can stop now.

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

With your level of naievity, it is you that thinks like a child, not me. The solution is a separate law for terrorists, like other countries, how hard is that to understand?

Terrorism is but one branch of individuals or groups who are a danger to the general public.

There are numerous cases of those who have been through the prison system and are then released “under supervision “ only to commit further offences.

In essence why is a separate law required for those who commit murder in the name of terrorism.

Boris is on tv at the moment seeking to blame Labour legislation in 2008 for this individual being freed half way through his sentence.This despite his party being in a position to alter this over the last 10 years,and their massive budget cuts over this period are largely responsible for the many problems of today

On 30/11/2019 at 09:17, melthebell said:

The good thing is, we don't have to worry about him getting out of prison again

Or anymore like him, your can't reform this lot, :suspect:

Just now, PRESLEY said:

Or anymore like him, your can't reform this lot, :suspect:

really? a lot have been deradicalised funnily enough, some work deradicalising others now

3 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

That is not how they are defined.

By who?

They espouse a right-wing philosophy therefore they are right-wing terrorists.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

really? a lot have been deradicalised funnily enough, some work deradicalising others now

Yeh and there will be more killings,   you cant trust extremist, they are brainwashed.  The only way is a full frontal labottomy. 

5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Yeh and there will be more killings,   you cant trust extremist, they are brainwashed.  The only way is a full frontal labottomy. 

sigh....

58 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

By who?

They espouse a right-wing philosophy therefore they are right-wing terrorists.

indeed, it is a very extreme form of CONSERVATIVE islam