London Terror Attack 29/11/2019

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Where on earth do you think the Manchester Arena bomber and lots of other suicide bombers all around the globe got theirs from ?

I'm sure we don't know - care to enlighten us ?

30 minutes ago, Daven said:

Well it's not Amazon.

A lot of these terrorists usually have groups or individuals who are skilled in making bombs.

The same applies to right wing terrorists.

The good thing is, we don't have to worry about him getting out of prison again

11 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Out on licence for a previous terror offence.

Sentenced to 16 years for terror offences & out in less than 8.

If this isn't a damming indictment of how our justice system isn't fit for purpose. 

9 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

And if they fall off the back of a lorry,run like the clappers.:D

I bet relatives of the 2 deceased are really ****** now. How can that even happen, when you catch someone doing terrorist stuff. the key to his cell goes in the Thames, or should in the real world.?

If I were one of the relatives of the victims there would be court proceedings started Monday morning against the Government, negligent homicide. 

1 hour ago, Resident said:

If I were one of the relatives of the victims there would be court proceedings started Monday morning against the Government, negligent homicide. 

Good luck with that.

The law says that everyone is entitled to 50% remission unless a case can be made not to release them on license. I’m sure that you would like to see everyone locked up for ever but that is not how it works in the real world! 🙄

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

The good thing is, we don't have to worry about him getting out of prison again

Yes, we don't have to worry about him. But what about the others? Like his terrorist friends from 2012?

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Good luck with that.

The law says that everyone is entitled to 50% remission unless a case can be made not to release them on license. I’m sure that you would like to see everyone locked up for ever but that is not how it works in the real world! 🙄

To be fair, I'm not sure that convicted terrorists are released after 6 years anywhere in the real (civilised) world except Britain.

22 minutes ago, Branyy said:

Yes, we don't have to worry about him. But what about the others? Like his terrorist friends from 2012?

To be fair, I'm not sure that convicted terrorists are released after 6 years anywhere in the real (civilised) world except Britain.

But it's OUR law WE go on? I'm sure you're one of those previously banging on about our laws and our soverienty?

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

But it's OUR law WE go on? I'm sure you're one of those previously banging on about our laws and our soverienty?

It might be time to reconsider and update those laws then. Actually, it's already too late...

1 hour ago, Branyy said:

It might be time to reconsider and update those laws then. Actually, it's already too late...

Who’s going to pay for it? People convicted of violent crime aren’t always jailed because there currently aren’t enough prison places and removing the right to remission would add tens of thousands to the prison population. Prison discipline, already poor, would get much worse as the threat of losing remission is currently the most effective tool the prison service has in maintaining order.

England and Wales already have the highest prison populations in Europe and you are suggesting we increase it even further because of the actions of one head the ball with a knife and a fake bomb vest?

6 hours ago, Daven said:

That's the problem, Nobody knows or they would be stopped.Just because WE don't know, doesn't make terrorists go away and stop making the bombs. As you well know it is rampant all over the World especially in western countries. The cops who shot the guy didn't know it was a fake bomb or they would have just arrested him, as he had already been. disarmed by the crowd, or so I read.

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who’s going to pay for it? People convicted of violent crime aren’t always jailed because there currently aren’t enough prison places and removing the right to remission would add tens of thousands to the prison population. Prison discipline, already poor, would get much worse as the threat of losing remission is currently the most effective tool the prison service has in maintaining order.

England and Wales already have the highest prison populations in Europe and you are suggesting we increase it even further because of the actions of one head the ball with a knife and a fake bomb vest?

Well if I was a relative of one of his victims I would be petitoning big time for a change in the law especially in relation to terrorists.

52 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Well if I was a relative of one of his victims I would be petitoning big time for a change in the law especially in relation to terrorists.

Yes great petition away but what is the actual solution to the problem.  

Exactly the same with the whole Hillsborough debacle - quite rightly grieving families get angry and upset.  All they want is a single thing or single person to place all the blame onto.   However, in the real world that is not always possible or even right.

Just because one nut job has reoffended after being released does not mean that the entire system should be thrown out.

Edited by ECCOnoob