The Teller - Abbeydale Rd

Another new restaurant opening at the junction of Abbeydale Road & Sheldon Road. 

It's got a Facebook page but I couldn't get the link to post on SF.  This bit of Abbeydale Rd is suddenly looking up with this place, the Swedish Inspired eatery, Krydda, Two Thirds Beer Co., & the well established Broadfield & Vintedge Gin. 

Edited by Baron99

Good for the area, but increased competition means some other business will go under !

4 hours ago, Runningman said:

Good for the area, but increased competition means some other business will go under !

Or it attracts more customers to the area and everybody wins.

12 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

Or it attracts more customers to the area and everybody wins.

Agree with you Bargepole.  Also further on about 50 metres from Broadfield pub, otherside of Abbeydale Rd is `Tea With Percy' & a further 100 metres, opposite Marden Rd, "The Old Coach House', both good for cuppa & snacks. 

Popped in on Saturday. They`d obviously rushed (understandably) to get open, Not quite finished but décor is very fashionable but drinks selections very liomited at the mo. 

Fancied a quick tipple last night (Monday) on way to pick up a pizza. 

The Teller was closed.

The Gin Bar was closed.

The Two-Thirds Bar was closed.

Doubtless had I ventured up that far, the Dead Donkey would have  been closed too.

Only the Barrow Boy , and I suppose the Broadfield (not sure about the Picture House Social)  were open.

I'm sorry new venues, but in the run up to Christmas you have to be prepared to be open more hours to get the once a year custom, and alas have to pay staff (ugh I know its a nasty phrase!) to do so !!

Edited by GinTreeS7

Had some nice plates of food here last night, and a few drinks. Recommend a visit.

I went on Friday and the food was really nice but if I'd wanted to have my tea there I'd have needed about 6 plates to fill me up and £50 for my tea is a bit pricey.

2 hours ago, philyyy said:

I went on Friday and the food was really nice but if I'd wanted to have my tea there I'd have needed about 6 plates to fill me up and £50 for my tea is a bit pricey.

Ok. I was happy and full with sharing 4 with one other, plus a pud of my own.

6 plates would be a lot of food, but each to their own.

Edited by Bargepole23

My wife and I visited last week on the recommendation of a friend. 

Highly recommend. One of the best meals I’ve had in Sheffield. 

We shared 6 dishes and that was a lot. The croquettes alone were pretty filling (and good).