David Duckenfield Found Not Guilty

Vaati

Posts have been removed. Any further posts victim blaming WILL result in your account being suspended. We've warned on this many times in many of these threads. All end up blocked because people cannot help themselves.

Message added by Vaati

3 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I am not saying they should not be able to fight for whatever they want, what I AM saying is that there are at least 3 families who do not now and never have wanted this witch hunt but are being pressured to be involved.  I have seen at first hand the pressure they are being put under and that is stopping them being able to move on. There are agitators behind the scenes here who will not allow anyone to accept what has happened and move on. Because of them they have no closure and are constantly being reminded of something they are trying to put behind them.

They have formed a reasonable opinion of what happened that day and are happy to accept that but are not being allowed. Is that right or fair? 

How are they being pressured?   Who is pressuring them?  

I think lots of things contributed to the deaths, but no single event was to blame, but a coming together of many things.  Remove one of them and perhaps it wouldn’t have happened? Duckenfield played a contributory part but the courts, justice system and jury have decided he’s not to blame for manslaughter.  I fail to see where else this can go now. 

The overriding issue here is that 96 people died and no one has ever been held responsible. In almost all other incidents where there has been a loss of life there is accountability. here, there is none. This is compounded by the well documented evidence to look to deflect accountability from various parties (FA/Police/SWFC) and it is understandable that the people who lost family feel aggrieved.

On 04/12/2019 at 08:59, Jonmatt said:

The overriding issue here is that 96 people died and no one has ever been held responsible. In almost all other incidents where there has been a loss of life there is accountability. here, there is none. This is compounded by the well documented evidence to look to deflect accountability from various parties (FA/Police/SWFC) and it is understandable that the people who lost family feel aggrieved.

But the jury say he isn’t responsible. It would appear that no one person is solely responsible. It would appear to be a number of different contributory factors that resulted in the deaths, but without any individual being to blame. The courts seem to have decided so. 

I understand the ‘want’ to blame someone but it would appear there isn’t an individual that is to blame. 

On 04/12/2019 at 09:59, Jonmatt said:

Not sure what you mean by "accountability" - do you mean prosecuted / jailed?

Nobody was prosecuted over Aberfan when 144 people were killed including 116 children, despite responsibility being much clearer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberfan_disaster

I'm sure I can find other examples.

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, WarPig said:

But the jury say he isn’t responsible. It would appear that no one person is solely responsible. It would appear to be a number of different contributory factors that resulted in the deaths, but without any individual being to blame. The courts seem to have decided so. 

I understand the ‘want’ to blame someone but it would appear there isn’t an individual that is to blame. 

The issue here is that people assume because he wasn’t found guilty of that particular crime he is somehow exonerated and should be sympathised with - which is obviously not the case.

Re Aberfan
just to make the point on accountability.

instead of relying on Wikipedia have a look at the Hansard report and read where they felt accountability rested

6 hours ago, WarPig said:

Well said.    Time this whole sorry business was laid to rest.   Nothing is going to bring back the deceased  and its well overdue for the witch hunt to end.

Guest makapaka
15 minutes ago, kaytie said:

Well said.    Time this whole sorry business was laid to rest.   Nothing is going to bring back the deceased  and its well overdue for the witch hunt to end.

Aye - sweep this whole sorry business (kids being crushed to death at a football match) under the carpet again. 

they’re not going to come back - leave the people that contributed to it alone.....

give me a break.

16 minutes ago, Jonmatt said:

Re Aberfan
just to make the point on accountability.

instead of relying on Wikipedia have a look at the Hansard report and read where they felt accountability rested

Did anyone get prosecuted, fined, lose their job. get demoted?

Where was the accountability?

Anyone get done for the Marchioness disaster?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marchioness_disaster#Inquests_and_inquiries

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Aye - sweep this whole sorry business (kids being crushed to death at a football match) under the carpet again. 

they’re not going to come back - leave the people that contributed to it alone.....

give me a break.

So precisely how are people who contributed going to be held accountable?

Guest makapaka
10 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Did anyone get prosecuted, fined, lose their job. get demoted?

Where was the accountability?

Anyone get done for the Marchioness disaster?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marchioness_disaster#Inquests_and_inquiries

So precisely how are people who contributed going to be held accountable?

If not by law - at the minimum by morality.

You were warned about the bickering, this thread is now being locked. Do not make a new thread or derail other threads.