David Duckenfield Found Not Guilty

Vaati

Posts have been removed. Any further posts victim blaming WILL result in your account being suspended. We've warned on this many times in many of these threads. All end up blocked because people cannot help themselves.

Message added by Vaati

17 minutes ago, makapaka said:

He’s not innocent of contributing to the death of those people and lying about it afterwards - he admitted that - 26 years later.

He is innocent

Deal with it.

3 hours ago, darylslinn said:

So does this detract from all those so called fans who turned up late  to the game that decided to storm the stadium and cause this problem still goes forgotten.
And those who arrived early and in plenty of time for the game were the victims.
Nothing ever gets said about that and an excuse or scapegoat is always being looked for when the truth is obvious.

There were plenty of statements from licensees stating the fans were still in the pubs at kick off time, they were not forgotten  but swept  under the carpet.

7 hours ago, hauxwell said:

What would you like to see happen to him. 

They will not be happy until this man is strung up, and who will they hound when he,s gone.? Three times he's  been found not guilty.

The bickering of innocent/guilty is to cease.

2 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

There were plenty of statements from licensees stating the fans were still in the pubs at kick off time, they were not forgotten  but swept  under the carpet.

They were in the Taylor report, if you care to read it

20 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

I rarely comment on these threads because of personal involvement in the case. I am related to one of the victims of this tragic accident and hope ( like his mother does) that this will bring an end to this circus of blame chasing. No results can ever undo the events of that day and bring back our loved ones and in our hearts we know what the cause was and that it can not be undone. 

When this all stops we can then hope to move on with our lives and hopefully those that are driving this from behind the scenes will find another cause to latch on to and leave these grieving families alone so they can also move on. There is a lot that can be said about this but I for one and his mum just want to get past all this and not have it keep being dragged up by certain parties for their own ends.

No further comment.

What a ridiculous statement to make, "those that are driving this from behind the scenes"??!!!

Like Margaret Aspinall, for instance, or Trevor Hicks?

18 hours ago, the_bloke said:

Duckenfield was in a bad situation; I don't think anyone can say that he knew the consequences of his actions. If he hadn't open the gates, we might be talking about the great Hillsborough riot of '87 instead as fans couldn't get in the ground before the match. He did open the gates, and people died. It's all a senseless waste of life and terrible to think that it took something like this for stadiums and fans to change.

He was in a bad situation through his own lack of preparation.  He was not up to the job and should have held his hands up and said that BEFORE the match day, instead of gambling with thousands of lives.

Whoever judged him fit for the role should also have been in the dock many years ago.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Lex Luthor said:

What a ridiculous statement to make, "those that are driving this from behind the scenes"??!!!

Like Margaret Aspinall, for instance, or Trevor Hicks?

So you are involved are you? I suggest you know nothing and are just jumping on the bandwagon like so many. 

There are families who have never wanted this witch hunt but have been pressured into it. FACT deal with that!

We all have our opinions on this matter and we could all continue to argue and bicker about who was at fault.  The court have made their decision and we must respect that. It does not mean we all have to agree with it.  I feel so much for the families that lost their loved ones and they will continue to feel that they have been let down.  However, they will probably never get the answers they are looking for.  My earlier comment about 'moving on' was for all parties involved.  David Duckenfield has suffered, he may not have told the truth but he had to live for a long time knowing he had kept that information back. The families of the 96 have gone through hell.   I think any of us that had lost someone on that day would have gone on the hunt to find the person responsible the tragedy.  Everyone involved cannot continue to suffer, this matter needs to come to come to a close.  I respect the families but at some point they may have to accept the court's decision.  Let's stop the bickering on here and let the 96 rest in peace.

54 minutes ago, katekate said:

We all have our opinions on this matter and we could all continue to argue and bicker about who was at fault.  The court have made their decision and we must respect that. It does not mean we all have to agree with it.  I feel so much for the families that lost their loved ones and they will continue to feel that they have been let down.  However, they will probably never get the answers they are looking for.  My earlier comment about 'moving on' was for all parties involved.  David Duckenfield has suffered, he may not have told the truth but he had to live for a long time knowing he had kept that information back. The families of the 96 have gone through hell.   I think any of us that had lost someone on that day would have gone on the hunt to find the person responsible the tragedy.  Everyone involved cannot continue to suffer, this matter needs to come to come to a close.  I respect the families but at some point they may have to accept the court's decision.  Let's stop the bickering on here and let the 96 rest in peace.

Genuine question. What information did he keep back?

IN MY OPINION WE  must agree it was a multitude of factors from the match being picked for hillsbrough,to the end each supportors went,to the silly railings in front that stopped people being able to move on the pitch,to the pens inside,to the police ,the council and more,more,more,it was tragic,awfull ,but it was a different time in those days,but this is my last comment it was a series of mistakes and we must remember and move on and hopefully learn by it all,but never forget the 96 who died.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

IN MY OPINION WE  must agree it was a multitude of factors from the match being picked for hillsbrough,to the end each supportors went,to the silly railings in front that stopped people being able to move on the pitch,to the pens inside,to the police ,the council and more,more,more,it was tragic,awfull ,but it was a different time in those days,but this is my last comment it was a series of mistakes and we must remember and move on and hopefully learn by it all,but never forget the 96 who died.

I agree with you. My brother was at the match and helped to pull some of the people being crushed up into the balcony above. The match was cancelled and the crowd went home but it wasn’t until the evening that they saw the news of this great tradegy.

22 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

So you are involved are you? I suggest you know nothing and are just jumping on the bandwagon like so many. 

There are families who have never wanted this witch hunt but have been pressured into it. FACT deal with that!

Those who have lost parents, sons, and daughters have every right to justice and have been denied it for far too long.  If your relative finds it easier not to get involved in the fight for justice for the victims, then that is her personal choice.  We all deal with grief and injustice differently.  However, that does not give her or you the right to tell other victims who have fought tirelessly and at great mental and physical cost that they should cease fighting for justice for their loved ones.

19 hours ago, katekate said:

You're right.  The families have gone through hell, and are still going through hell, and are well overdue closure, and when justice is served they can begin to grieve.  Do you think the 96 can rest in peace whilst no one has been held accountable for their unnecessary and preventable deaths?

Edited by Lex Luthor

Guest busdriver1
8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Those who have lost parents, sons, and daughters have every right to justice and have been denied it for far too long.  If your relative finds it easier not to get involved in the fight for justice for the victims, then that is her personal choice.  We all deal with grief and injustice differently.  However, that does not give her or you the right to tell other victims who have fought tirelessly and at great mental and physical cost that they should cease fighting for justice for their loved ones

I am not saying they should not be able to fight for whatever they want, what I AM saying is that there are at least 3 families who do not now and never have wanted this witch hunt but are being pressured to be involved.  I have seen at first hand the pressure they are being put under and that is stopping them being able to move on. There are agitators behind the scenes here who will not allow anyone to accept what has happened and move on. Because of them they have no closure and are constantly being reminded of something they are trying to put behind them.

They have formed a reasonable opinion of what happened that day and are happy to accept that but are not being allowed. Is that right or fair?