David Duckenfield Found Not Guilty

Vaati

Posts have been removed. Any further posts victim blaming WILL result in your account being suspended. We've warned on this many times in many of these threads. All end up blocked because people cannot help themselves.

Message added by Vaati

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, Longcol said:

Evidence please.

A 15 year old was tested (doesn't say where) - hardly a "little kid".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-29622067

It would appear alcohol tests were carried out on 11 people at the NGH.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blood-alcohol-levels-hillsborough-casualties-8433726

John Paul gilhooley was tested - he was 10 when he was crushed to death at the football match - does he qualify as a little kid?

On 29/11/2019 at 09:14, TomMix said:

The Architects , planners and committee's who were responsible for the design seem to have got off scot free , the Leppings Lane stand was not fit for purpose and still to this day is not , I remember being in some horrendous crush situations in there long before that day .

As a life long Owl I have to agree. i have seen a video of the Leppings Lane end made by West Midlands police as part of the investigation (sadly no longer available).  In my opinion it was absolutely shocking.

It showed a large 'Standing' sign above the tunnel, a tiny 'Standing' sign high up on a pole to the right and no sign at all to the left to indicate access to standing there. Also the tunnel itself was flat for the first half and then sloped down steeply on to the terraces. 

Of course, if the behaviour of some football fans at the time hadn't been so appalling there wouldn't have been a need for fences and side pens and the disaster probably wouldn't have happened but that's another story.

On 28/11/2019 at 19:06, katekate said:

This has gone on far to long.  Let those that lost their lives rest in peace and let this man live his.  Those families have suffered and will continue to do so as they didn't  get the outcome that they wanted.  Whether what this man did was right or wrong he did what he thought best at the time, how many times do we all do that then look back later to see that things could have been very different.  I think he has been punished enough and now deserves to move on.  I feel for those that lost their lives and the families that have to live everyday with this but it's time now to move forward the best way that they can.

I totally agree with you KateKate!

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Dales said:

I totally agree with you KateKate!

The man that contributed to the death of 96 people.

lied and said it was their fault on the day he’d contributed to their death.

withheld  the truth for 26 years before finally admitting he’d lied.

You agree he should just be allowed to “move on”.

On 29/11/2019 at 19:01, Daven said:

No it doesn't need to be looked at again.

Yes, it does, and swiftly.   I have no wish to see one more Hillsborough mother die before seeing justice for her son.

Guest busdriver1

I rarely comment on these threads because of personal involvement in the case. I am related to one of the victims of this tragic accident and hope ( like his mother does) that this will bring an end to this circus of blame chasing. No results can ever undo the events of that day and bring back our loved ones and in our hearts we know what the cause was and that it can not be undone. 

When this all stops we can then hope to move on with our lives and hopefully those that are driving this from behind the scenes will find another cause to latch on to and leave these grieving families alone so they can also move on. There is a lot that can be said about this but I for one and his mum just want to get past all this and not have it keep being dragged up by certain parties for their own ends.

No further comment.

Edited by busdriver1

On 29/11/2019 at 00:32, RichinR'mond said:

Thousands of Liverpool Ticket Holders arriving late were still outside the Leppings Lane end of the Ground - reported to him as being crushed against the Gates/Turnstiles with the potential for fatalities.

There was something in one of the reports saying some of the Liverpool fan’s at the Leppings Lane end didn’t have tickets and were hoping to get into the ground.

Guest makapaka
55 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

There was something in one of the reports saying some of the Liverpool fan’s at the Leppings Lane end didn’t have tickets and were hoping to get into the ground.

And what?

Duckenfield was in a bad situation; I don't think anyone can say that he knew the consequences of his actions. If he hadn't open the gates, we might be talking about the great Hillsborough riot of '87 instead as fans couldn't get in the ground before the match. He did open the gates, and people died. It's all a senseless waste of life and terrible to think that it took something like this for stadiums and fans to change.

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

If you read the Taylor report, the capacity for the Leppings Lane end that day was (roughly) 10,000. In the inquiry it was found that the number of supporters that entered that area of the ground that day was about that figure, give or take a few. So the misleading information that went around at the time of ticketless fans caused the overcrowding was disproved quite quickly. 

3 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Duckenfield was in a bad situation; I don't think anyone can say that he knew the consequences of his actions. If he hadn't open the gates, we might be talking about the great Hillsborough riot of '87 instead as fans couldn't get in the ground before the match. He did open the gates, and people died. It's all a senseless waste of life and terrible to think that it took something like this for stadiums and fans to change.

His biggest mistake wasn’t opening the gate - someone could have been killed in the crush outside. His biggest mistake was not closing the tunnel that led to the already full central pens, that was done on previous occasions and fans were directed to the end pens where there was plenty of space. 

Guest makapaka

His actions before, during and after the disaster are indefensible.

im amazed people are trying to defend him.

11 hours ago, makapaka said:

The man that contributed to the death of 96 people.

lied and said it was their fault on the day he’d contributed to their death.

withheld  the truth for 26 years before finally admitting he’d lied.

You agree he should just be allowed to “move on”.

Yes he should - absolutely - why ever not.

He has admitted he did wrong, he has been tried and found not guilty.

Everyone needs to move on - you included mate.

It has all been said before - many, many times.

Going round and round in circles isn't healthy for anyone.