David Duckenfield Found Not Guilty

Vaati

Posts have been removed. Any further posts victim blaming WILL result in your account being suspended. We've warned on this many times in many of these threads. All end up blocked because people cannot help themselves.

Message added by Vaati

1 hour ago, TomMix said:

The Architects , planners and committee's who were responsible for the design seem to have got off scot free , the Leppings Lane stand was not fit for purpose and still to this day is not , I remember being in some horrendous crush situations in there long before that day .

This exactly, the layout of the stadium and plan for the day made this an accident waiting to happen.

Over 53,000 people were at that match, you could see the stands were absolutely heaving so no doubt the number was higher.

Far too many people for that stadium to handle safely.

it was a horrid time for so many,but why did the game go ahead even though swfc didnt have a safety certificate,why were the teams ignored on who went where ie which end,why why why the list goes on and on ,from the football league,police,council,police it was a bit like the titanic

a series of errors from many avenues that caused this awfull disaster,it needs to be looked at again and although they cant right the wrongs or take people to court at least we could learn how it all unfolded from start to finish inc those fences.this is not blaming any person or company,just saying who,i hope i dont offend anyone as it was such a awfull disaster for all involved from every section of society.

Edited by bassett one

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

He could have taken any number of decisions.

delaying the kick off for one, closing the central tunnel to divert fans into the empty paddocks another.

afterwards he could also not have withheld the truth for 26 years.

read the results of the hillsborough inquiry before talking about fans arriving late and the “invidious” position of David Duckenfield. 

totally disagree put you self in that postion   you have decision to make i think your also missing the the importance of the game so delaying  it was a problem  personally  you cant blame just  one person and  its been a witchunt  

Guest makapaka
8 hours ago, WarPig said:

I don't see the need to look back at the enquiry, the outcome of which lead to Duckenfields trial, and when the jury were presented with the evidence they decided he wasn't guilty. His defence stated that the blame can't be put on one person, and I think they were right. He might be to blame for some things, but clearly not manslaughter.

The court had decided on that.

im responding to the posts talking about his “invidious” position on the day, the references to fan behaviour and the calls for sympathy for Duckenfield. 

6 hours ago, ormester said:

totally disagree put you self in that postion   you have decision to make i think your also missing the the importance of the game so delaying  it was a problem  personally  you cant blame just  one person and  its been a witchunt  

Utter nonsense.

read the findings of the inquiry.

mr Duckenfield the way you have conducted yourself through all this and to have all the insults etc you have had ,please hold your head up high you have nothing to feel sorry about , to think of the millions of pounds on trial after trial after all the years what a waste a big waste of money ,let the ones who died be able to rest in peace please, the Bradford fire was another tragedy but its not gone on for decades     thank god you have got the verdict ive been hoping for. enjoy your life now along with your family you deserve too

well said kate I agree

8 hours ago, bassett one said:

it was a horrid time for so many,but why did the game go ahead even though swfc didnt have a safety certificate,why were the teams ignored on who went where ie which end,why why why the list goes on and on ,from the football league,police,council,police it was a bit like the titanic

a series of errors from many avenues that caused this awfull disaster,it needs to be looked at again and although they cant right the wrongs or take people to court at least we could learn how it all unfolded from start to finish inc those fences.this is not blaming any person or company,just saying who,i hope i dont offend anyone as it was such a awfull disaster for all involved from every section of society.

No it doesn't need to be looked at again.

Enough time, money and emotion has been spent on this terrible disaster.

All the information is available for you to read.

All avenues of discussion have been visited  and visited again - many, many times.

It really is time now to put all of this awfulness to bed.

Time for the families of those poor folk who died to get on with their lives.

Time for those who have been to hell and back with the justice system and the witch hunts to finally be able to get on with their lives.

Time for everyone to never forget and always remember the lessons that have been learned.

Edited by Daven

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, maggidee said:

mr Duckenfield the way you have conducted yourself through all this and to have all the insults etc you have had ,please hold your head up high you have nothing to feel sorry about , to think of the millions of pounds on trial after trial after all the years what a waste a big waste of money ,let the ones who died be able to rest in peace please, the Bradford fire was another tragedy but its not gone on for decades     thank god you have got the verdict ive been hoping for. enjoy your life now along with your family you deserve too

well said kate I agree

The way he conducted himself??   he didn’t tell the truth for 26 years.

he can feel sorry about not doing his job properly and contributing to the disaster that killed 96 people.

@bassett one:

There was a safety certificate at Hillsborough it had just not been updated since 1979 apparently, despite work having been done on the Leppings Lane terracing during that time, the thing people forget is that back then that was the norm and was probably regarded as acceptable, all the recent trials and inquests have had the benefit of hindsight, and with that the information uncovered in the Taylor report. The hooligan problem of the 70s meant every stadium in the country had fences up, terraces like that on the Leppings Lane end had segregating pens so that the terrace could be shared between home and away fans on occasion during club matches, the disaster was the consequence of many things combined, the stadium was no worse than any other, arguably it was regarded as one of the better ones and hence it was used for big games, it was an accident waiting to happen at the football.

Build up of fans outside, not enough turnstiles, police losing control, gate being opened and then overfilling and crushing in the central pen, inadequate reaction in the stadium and sadly it was too late for those poor souls stood on that terrace, nobody had the experience to deal with those events, all these things were highlighted 'after' the disaster.

I have been to many football matches over the years and been in crushes at various grounds both inside and out, I remember a couple of Wednesday away games late 70s early 80s where crushing outside caused exit gates to burst open under pressure, I have been in a ground where rubbish was set on fire under the stand we were in and the match carried on, that was 6 years prior to the Bradford disaster, football fans up and down the country were treated as second class citizens, particularly by the police, but this was due to the problems caused by hooliganism, anyone who has looked at the Hillsborough disaster having not experienced those times first hand will most certainly not have the same perspective as those who witnessed what happened at the football matches back then.

Edited by Michael_W

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

The way he conducted himself??   he didn’t tell the truth for 26 years.

he can feel sorry about not doing his job properly and contributing to the disaster that killed 96 people.

He made a catastrophic mistake and did himself no favours by lying in the immediate aftermath. I'm not sure what truths he withheld for 26 years but he wasn't on trial for that. He'll never be forgiven on Merseyside and that is understandable but the issue was whether or not his decisions amounted to criminality.

One jury acquitted him in a private prosecution and another could not reach a verdict. An inquest jury ruled that the 95 were unlawfully killed, a verdict much easier to reach to when there is nobody stood there in the dock.

Guest makapaka
16 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

He made a catastrophic mistake and did himself no favours by lying in the immediate aftermath. I'm not sure what truths he withheld for 26 years but he wasn't on trial for that. He'll never be forgiven on Merseyside and that is understandable but the issue was whether or not his decisions amounted to criminality.

One jury acquitted him in a private prosecution and another could not reach a verdict. An inquest jury ruled that the 95 were unlawfully killed, a verdict much easier to reach to when there is nobody stood there in the dock.

As I said before - I’m not questioning the decision by the courts - that’s been decided.

people expressing sympathy for him though - no.

made tragic mistakes

lied about it

withheld truth about it 

sympathy should be with those people, some of them little kids - who went to watch a football match and got crushed to death.

then got blamed for it happening.

those little kids that laid dead in a gymnasium got tested for alcohol consumption - to try and show it was the supporters fault.

mothers of dead children were told on the same night that their kids were property of the coroner and couldn’t even go near them so the police could later deflect blame.

Feel sorry for them - not the person who was employed to keep them safe and failed.

Edited by makapaka

32 minutes ago, makapaka said:

As I said before - I’m not questioning the decision by the courts - that’s been decided.

people expressing sympathy for him though - no.

made tragic mistakes

lied about it

withheld truth about it 

sympathy should be with those people, some of them little kids - who went to watch a football match and got crushed to death.

then got blamed for it happening.

those little kids that laid dead in a gymnasium got tested for alcohol consumption - to try and show it was the supporters fault.

mothers of dead children were told on the same night that their kids were property of the coroner and couldn’t even go near them so the police could later deflect blame.

Feel sorry for them - not the person who was employed to keep them safe and failed.

Evidence please.

A 15 year old was tested (doesn't say where) - hardly a "little kid".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-29622067

It would appear alcohol tests were carried out on 11 people at the NGH.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blood-alcohol-levels-hillsborough-casualties-8433726

Edited by Longcol

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

Evidence please.

A 15 year old was tested (doesn't say where) - hardly a "little kid".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-29622067

It would appear alcohol tests were carried out on 11 people at the NGH.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blood-alcohol-levels-hillsborough-casualties-8433726

Were the police tested?

And yes, 15 year old and still someone's little kid, and someone's grandkid.  And a hell of a lot too young to die and in the most horrifying manner, when he was supposed to be in the care of our city.

Margaret Aspinall is correct.  The system in this country is an absolute disgrace and how the 96 and their families have been let down on that terrible day and every terrible day ever since is unforgivable.

Edited by Lex Luthor