Damage To Hillsborough Corner Weir.

From Sheffield honey co. Tweet.

Here’s my short video of the damage to Hillsborough Corner weir 😧 I’m stunned #sheffieldfloods #2019 https://t.co/cFbupC50ye

I'm stunned and shocked. 

Edited by nikki-red

I particularly went out of my way to look at this damaged weir today. Who is responsible for the repair ?  The ducks looked quite confused.

I was up Rivelin Valley at the weekend and although the rain had stopped, there seemed to be a lot of water in the river. 😵

15 hours ago, belperite said:

It's already been reported to the Environment Agency.

I’m glad about that. I stand at the bus stop in front of the weir and love to look over the wall at the gushing water, and the ducks paddling happily along.

12 hours ago, pattricia said:

I’m glad about that. I stand at the bus stop in front of the weir and love to look over the wall at the gushing water, and the ducks paddling happily along.

Saw a kingfisher flying under the bridge a few weeks ago!

On 28/11/2019 at 00:05, Top Cats Hat said:

I was up Rivelin Valley at the weekend and although the rain had stopped, there seemed to be a lot of water in the river. 😵

And an awful lot of silt / rocks washed down the river near the Rivelin cafe that was not there before.

And this explains the bricks and rubble further down the river under the bridge that weren't there before.

Mother nature.
Further down the river the flood has washed away retaining walls and other features which you can see down Penistone Road.

On 29/11/2019 at 13:38, lindylou53 said:

Saw a kingfisher flying under the bridge a few weeks ago!

Love Kingfishers !