Theft Of Tools From Van

Just had all my Bosch professional power tools stolen from my van in Stumpelowe Sheffield. 

Reported to police

Please be aware tradesmen and look after your tools. Any information would be gratefully received. 

Usually they dump the boxes, so I would still be happy to get those back. 

Merry Christmas. 

the thieving scum,hope you get them back,its a utter  disgrace,but worse still is some scum will sell them to some builder who will turn a blind eye to where they came from,out of intrest where is your area? so people who dont know it can look out for them

I live in Rotherham, but the tools were stolen from the Fulwood area. 

The people who buy second hand tools are as bad as the thieves. 

Feel like I've been kicked in the stomach, I graft hard every day to provide for my family and this is all you get. 

Thank the Government for slashing police budgets, this type of crime rarely gets investigated anymore so the thieving dirtbags are going about with impunity.

very sorry re your plight,but i am amazed about the area that your tools got stolen as its such a wealthy area,but i expect scum bags get everywhere,but i am suprised at that area,i do hope you get them back

6 hours ago, Sam @ Dearne said:

Just had all my Bosch professional power tools stolen from my van in Stumpelowe Sheffield. 

Reported to police

Please be aware tradesmen and look after your tools. Any information would be gratefully received. 

Usually they dump the boxes, so I would still be happy to get those back. 

Merry Christmas. 

So sorry to read this Sam. My son is self employed and has had an electric drill stolen in the past.   It does affect your work doesn’t it ? Was your van locked up ?

2 hours ago, pattricia said:

So sorry to read this Sam. My son is self employed and has had an electric drill stolen in the past.   It does affect your work doesn’t it ? Was your van locked up ?

As a former life long tradesman myself, I abhor this kind of theft.To me it is the equivalent of stealing the food off of my family's table.

Do you have insurance to cover the theft i.e. from your self employment or even your vehicle if that was where they were stolen from?Also if you was working at someone's residence and was parked on their driveway, you may be able to claim from the homeowner's home insurance, I know someone who actually did that successfully.

Good luck Sam, but don't hold your breath waiting for the cops to collar the culprit

Edited by Ontarian1981

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

very sorry re your plight,but i am amazed about the area that your tools got stolen as its such a wealthy area,but i expect scum bags get everywhere,but i am suprised at that area,i do hope you get them back

Our neighbour in Walkley had theirs nicked about a year ago. The van was right outside my living window, they cut through a cage and I didn't hear a thing, I was yards away up with a baby just yards away.

They go to nicer areas because they = nicer stuff plus more complacent.

I always urge people to take them in and lock them up nightly. It's one of the most scummy crimes as you're stopping someone making an honest living.

34 minutes ago, GingerR said:

Our neighbour in Walkley had theirs nicked about a year ago. The van was right outside my living window, they cut through a cage and I didn't hear a thing, I was yards away up with a baby just yards away.

They go to nicer areas because they = nicer stuff plus more complacent.

I always urge people to take them in and lock them up nightly. It's one of the most scummy crimes as you're stopping someone making an honest living.

Reading it as I have it seems he’s had them pinched it broad daylight  while working on someone’s house and not stolen while his van has been parked up overnight 

I got slated on here for saying there's an epidemic of theft, stealing from vans is so common that it would actually be a shock if it didn't happen to you, you won't get the things back and the law don't care.

This why we need to take law in to own hands for these people's because police will do nothing with these b.....rs saw hope they get what they deserve .Let's hope .