77,000 Tons Of Spoil Dumped In Green Belt

Soil being dumped in green belt is a bit of a misleading title, they are wanting to improve and extend the driving range to add on more driving bays and to make a new 9 hole course so its hardly like its going to be an eyesore.

Plus i echo what other people have said, 1 per hour- hardly the M1 isn't it.

10 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

Of course it wont 😂

Well- if they all arrived at once it might but over 2.5 years its maybe 1 an hour.

Back in the 70's the bin lorries used to tip down there - on the right, bottom side of the golf club going down towards Loxley Valley. Place seems to have survived then.

19 hours ago, scottf said:

Soil being dumped in green belt is a bit of a misleading title, they are wanting to improve and extend the driving range to add on more driving bays and to make a new 9 hole course so its hardly like its going to be an eyesore.

Plus i echo what other people have said, 1 per hour- hardly the M1 isn't it.

I'm guessing it came straight from a local rumours & gossip Facebook page.  The great Terry Pratchett once said "a lie has run around the world before the truth has even got it's boots on". Very apt with the way rumours start and escalate on pages like that.

I saw a similar one on Tuesday of a picture of a child on a life support machine, and the evil DWP had taken away all his benefits right before his imminent death. 

But when you googled the child's name, you find he's alive and well and thriving, the photo was nearly two years ago when he was ill, but isn't any more.

Despite people pointing this out, people continued to share it.

Edited by alchresearch

4 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I'm guessing it came straight from a local rumours & gossip Facebook page.  The great Terry Pratchett once said "a lie has run around the world before the truth has even got it's boots on". Very apt with the way rumours start and escalate on pages like that.

I saw a similar one on Tuesday of a picture of a child on a life support machine, and the evil DWP had taken away all his benefits right before his imminent death. 

But when you googled the child's name, you find he's alive and well and thriving, the photo was nearly two years ago when he was ill, but isn't any more.

Despite people pointing this out, people continued to share it.

It's not some figment of my imagination, it's going to happen unless SCC stop it.  Bradfield Parish Council are objecting to it, and there's a local residents campaign being run, which is how I heard of it. You may think it's a great idea, you're entitled to your opinion, but making childish sweeping nonsense statements like the one above is neither helpful nor interesting.

2 hours ago, NewBiz said:

It's not some figment of my imagination, it's going to happen unless SCC stop it.  Bradfield Parish Council are objecting to it, and there's a local residents campaign being run, which is how I heard of it. You may think it's a great idea, you're entitled to your opinion, but making childish sweeping nonsense statements like the one above is neither helpful nor interesting.

Everything you've posted is an exaggeration or incorrect, and others have called you out on it:

77,000 Tons Of Spoil Dumped In Green Belt

The scheme is the 'brainchild' of Hague Plant Hire.

8,500 lorries will effectively put the area out of bounds for walkers, cyclist horse riders etc.

I doubt a vast man made mound will increase the value of any property, apart from the driving range

On 27/11/2019 at 11:30, NewBiz said:

It hasn't happened yet, but will do unless Sheffield's planning department puts a stop to it. I've tried to put a comment on the planning portal, but they've stopped any comments being added, so it's not looking good.

Martin Hague has friends in high places in the planning department. 

20 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Martin Hague has friends in high places in the planning department. 

He does. Try driving up Keith Edge Road and turn right at the convent. You’ll see what Penistone means.

This could be the only example of Penny being right about something 

77,000 tons is nothing compared to what was dumped on the moor behind the convent for many years,mostly waste from british tissues.

25 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

He does. Try driving up Keith Edge Road and turn right at the convent. You’ll see what Penistone means.

This could be the only example of Penny being right about something 

If you look on google maps satellite view you'll see a couple more of collections of buildings of a similar size in the area.

(Kirk Edge btw)

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

If you look on google maps satellite view you'll see a couple more of collections of buildings of a similar size in the area.

(Kirk Edge btw)

Yep.

I was referring to the dump he’s created on the road down to Holdsworth.

There are others

Kirk Edge indeed. Damn you, autocorrect 😀

Edited by Pettytom

28 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Yep.

I was referring to the dump he’s created on the road down to Holdsworth.

There are others

Kirk Edge indeed. Damn you, autocorrect 😀

Are they Defra authorised landfill sites?  There's a map  in the link below;

https://data.gov.uk/dataset/ad695596-d71d-4cbb-8e32-99108371c0ee/permitted-waste-sites-authorised-landfill-site-boundaries

Edited by Longcol